Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shanni Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 11:27 AM
    Thinking of starving myself
    Hi I need some help,advice... this is a serious question so please don't judge me. So here it goes 2 years I was slim I had a great body and was all in proportion. I've always had a problem from a very young age. So 2 years ago I decided to starve myself ad hey it work I got down to a size uk 8 I stayed that size for about year and half I gradually put on weight now I'm between a size uk 14-16 I hate everything about my body. I've been thinking of starving myself but every time I cook food for other people I end up eating then I feel so guilty for eating and it makes me feel sick. I don't feel comfortable with my partner seeing me naked or touching me. I tried throwing my food up but it hurt my throat so I stopped now I'm thinking of just starving myself. I've been on endless amounts of diets and they don't work for me I've bin going gym and doest seem to work. I have gym equipment in my home to I do no what else to do? Is there anything else I could try?

I'm 5ft3 and currently weight 13 stoes my goal is to get to about 6-7 stones.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Feb 3, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Diets don't work you have to change to eating habits that can be life long.
    Starving yourself tricks your body into retaining weight because it goes into starvation mode not knowing when you will eat again therefore your body 'stores the weight'

You have to cut out refined foods such as white sugar and white bread.
    Eat fiber (whole wheat whole grain)
    Use sea salt instead of table salt.
    Eats lots of fresh (or frozen) fruits and vegetables
    Avoid diet foods and diet drinks and artificial sweeteners/aspartame.
    Avoid processed/prepacked foods anything with preservative ingredients like monosodium glucamate, Benzoates (such as sodium benzoate, benzoic acid), Nitrites (such as sodium nitrite), Sulphites (such as sulphur dioxide), Sorbates (such as sodium sorbate, potassium sorbate
    Avoid fast foods.
    Try joining a health spa where they will help plan an exercise program for you.
    shanni Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2008, 11:50 AM
    Thanks for your advice and I will take what u said on board
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Feb 4, 2008, 05:26 PM
    Also avoid soybean oil and soybean flour or soybean anything for that matter. Prepackaged salad dressings all have soybean oil as their first ingredient. Make your own using olive oil and skipping soybean oil. Soybeans are animal feed used to fatten up cattle and soybean is highly effective in fattening up humans also.

Just remember you didn't put the weight on overnight, so don't try to take it off overnight either.
    Scottish2008 Posts: 501, Reputation: 32

Feb 6, 2008, 05:15 AM
    Wow. Please do not starve yourself. This is a bad thing to do to your body. It can cause more damage then you think. To loss weight you really need to start a diet and exercise. Please have a look at this site. I have posted it for others and I hope you take this time yourself to look at it. If you require more help like a diet I am sure myself or some one else can help you out. Look at the site I added and please get back to us.
    Your Daily Weight Loss Tip!
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2008, 05:25 AM
    Everything you expressed sounds like me, of the past. I did all that stuff. Food is an issue because one cannot go completely without eating. The real problem though, is control. When we control our food intake and thus body size we are seeking to control. Figure out what other areas of your life need work. Get some therapy and talk to an unbiased person about what is going on. Food, weight and control of them is not the only issue. They make an excellent mask... what is the real reason you feel out of control?
    Ana52408 Posts: 152, Reputation: 17

Mar 7, 2009, 10:53 PM

I doubt your partner will like seeing you like this either
    http://abagond.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/anorexic.jpg

And I believe your older than me. I'm 15 and trust me, your going to ruin your life. Your body needs nutrients and vitamins. Just eat healthy! And by starving yourself you'll gain more weight, I guarantee you.

Good luck.
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Apr 17, 2009, 12:25 AM

Starving yourself will really screw up your metabolism for any future weight loss endeavors. I had a friend that needed to lose a good bit of weight. So, she starved herself and took up smoking instead of eating. The weight did come off and she looked great... for awhile.
    Of course when she was happy with her new figure, she started eating again. Well, all the weight came back and she looked so much worse than she did before she ever went on that crazy diet. She did not exercise while losing and her muscle tone just vanished. Now she is fatter than ever AND "mushy". She told me it has effected how her body won't go back to it's original overweight, yet firmer shape. Don't go from bad to worse. It is what she did and regrets it to this day.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    Starving yourself will really screw up your metabolism for any future weight loss endeavors. I had a friend that needed to lose a good bit of weight. So, she starved herself and took up smoking instead of eating. The weight did come off and she looked great.....for awhile.
    Of course when she was happy with her new figure, she started eating again. Well, all the weight came back and she looked so much worse than she did before she ever went on that crazy diet. She did not exercise while losing and her muscle tone just vanished. Now she is fatter than ever AND "mushy". She told me it has effected how her body won't go back to it's original overweight, yet firmer shape. Don't go from bad to worse. It is what she did and regrets it to this day.
    Thanks for sharing that story, do you think the same may happen to me I'm on the lemonade diet and I've lost 12 pounds in 5 days, I'm 5'8 I weighed 186 pounds and now I'm down to 174, I had a baby in December and my pre pregnancy weight was 140 pounds, I am still wearing maternity clothes and I'm desperate to loose the weight
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Apr 18, 2009, 05:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    thx for sharing that story, do you think the same may happen to me im on the lemonade diet and ive lost 12 pounds in 5 days, im 5'8 i weighed 186 pounds and now im down to 174, i had a baby in december and my pre pregnancy weight was 140 pounds, i am still wearing maternity clothes and im desperate to loose the weight
    Twelve pounds in 5 days if WAY TOO MUCH TOO FAST. First of all, most of that is water. Needs to be replenished. Second, you are losing muscle. Is Lemonade what you are living on. What are you eating? Slow and steady is the key. I know, slow sucks. I'm there now. You just don't want to screw up your body like my friend did. Sorry about my first line. Didn't mean to yell at you. But yes, I do believe the same thing could happen to you.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 18, 2009, 07:55 PM

Thanks cozy
    InternalFire Posts: 100, Reputation: 2

Jan 11, 2013, 01:47 PM
    How To Lose Weight Without Going Into Starvation Mode | LIVESTRONG.COM

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weedeater blower starving for gas [ 5 Answers ]

I have a weedeater brand that will run when I pour gas into the carburetor and will sometimes run a little on choke. When I try to open it up it dies. I don't think it is getting enough gas. I took the carb apart and cleaned it and it helped.

Starving horse [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, Im not sure what to do. You see near where my friend lives there is a horse in a field. The field isn't very big, the horses ribs are showing a bit, when it comes near it has something on its nose (not sure what it is) also:confused: its all on it own and it had a bath which did have water...

Starving dog [ 4 Answers ]

I have a lab and chow mix. He's 13 years old. He stopped eating 2 days ago. I give him dry food and mix some canned food. Then I gave him his favorite food , chicken. He just won't eat anything. Help!

Weight loss without starving [ 2 Answers ]

Can any one recommend any weight loss diet plans where I can loss at least 10 pounds with out starveing myself LOL P.S. if any one has any questions about cars I can help

View more questions Search