Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alpha_zero Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Jan 9, 2008, 06:28 PM
    Som Complications with my thinking
    Ok so I've been dating this girl I know for a month now and everything is going great for us. There are some side effects as in she is muslim and even though she is in her early 20's she is still not aloud to date and she has siblings at school so we have to hide our relationsip sometimes, I don't miind I think it makes it more intense and adventurous. Well in my past relationships they have alsways ended bad cause my ex's always ended up cheating on me and of course me I got heart broken, after the last one I thought enough was enough and I was sick of that crap. But then this girl came into my life and it was the best thing that has happened since. Before we started to go out and we were just friends she told me she liked another guy but would go out with me and give me a shot cause we had more things in common (ex. We both don't drink, we both like the same TV shows, same colours and what have you) So now since my past was so bad I really lifke this girl but always when we are together or not this very LITTLE thing in the back of my head is saying *what if this happens again* I know this sounds stupid and basically I'm making myself panic and setting myself up for somethnig stupid, but it just is in their sometimes and drives me crazy. I know I shouldn't even think that really.

Then there is well she told me she is not aloud to date and I asked her what her rents would say and she said they wouldn't get mad, but they told her to never bring boys home. (FYI her rents moved here from india a while ago and all their children were born here) There is apart of my that goes OK I respect your wishes, and another that says I want to meet your parents and I'm sure ill make a good impression cause I'm a really good guy and maybe they could look past that, or even the color of my skin if they have an issue with that *I am white* (cause I believe in what luther king said that people should not be judged by the color of their skin but the content of their character) I feel I should talk to her about it, I met 2 of her sisters and they seem to like me but they don't know we are dating. Thanks for the help
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 9, 2008, 08:32 PM
    Respect her wishes and be cool, and she has told you she likes someone else, but just be cool, and get to know her, leave the rest alone. A month is no time. How old are you and her anyway?
    alpha_zero Posts: 72, Reputation: 1

Jan 10, 2008, 03:06 PM
    I am 19 and she is 21, she told me she likes another guy like a month before we started going but I do somewhat get jelous cause I am white and she is muslim and when she hangs around other muslim guys in the back of my head is thinking *great if she isn't happy with me or its not going to work and she might dump me cause I'm white and go date one of her muslim friends* it's just the race thing that is complicated and my parents and I don't have a problem with it hells no, but her rents do and they don't even know she is dating me
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jan 10, 2008, 04:35 PM
    Her cultural rules are different than yours, open mind though you may be. You must still respect her position, curb your jealousy and insecurity, and have fun. Once you start doing anything but have fun, ie; want to meet her parents, the fun is gone and now complications arise. Also, your both to fresh in this to make demands, or commitments. Put your best foot forward, and make her laugh.
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Jan 10, 2008, 05:42 PM
    alpha_zero,

I agree with talaniman. This is all new, take it very slowly. It hasn't even started and you are worried about it finishing. Don't be surprised if it does - be prepared. The cultural differences might make this an impossible relationship but it could still turn into a very good friendship. The fact that she wants to keep the relationship a secret isn't a good sign. And I'm sure she gets enough pressure from home without you pushing to meet her parents. Go with the flow, young man and have fun.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Liability for abortion complications [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. A woman has an abortion. Afterward she has an infection which forces her to be taken to the hospital. She now owes $2500 in doctor bills, and is threatening to sue the baby's father for these bills. Is there any liability on the part of the baby's father, assuming that they are not...

Complications with Earlobe Piercing [ 11 Answers ]

I got my earlobe pierced to 14g almost 2 years ago at a professional piercer. He used a hypodermic needle straight out of it's packaging. As it was healing, I think it got infected a little bit so I used Neosporin to try and help it heal faster. I have since read that using oil based ointments can...

School and work complications [ 2 Answers ]

Okay I am attending university in the fall and I have this one job where I told him I could only work two days a week and another job where I can do my homework and get lots of hours. Do you think two jobs is too much for university or should I quit the one. PS I am one of those peope who have to...

Complications with my marriage [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all, I need help! Well to start things off, I'm in the Marine Corps and I was stationed in Okinawa Japan for the past 2 years, and I've been married for 8 months, and I'm 21 years of age. I was dating a very nice, beautiful, christian girl before I went over there. When I got there, I...

17 and having a lot of complications [ 12 Answers ]

I have been with my boyfriend for a year now, I am 17 and he is 23. He gets along well with all of my family as well as I do his. Something that I have always wanted to do was get pregnant and start an early family. Although it has always been a very difficult task for me to accomplish, With my...

View more questions Search