Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    help_mee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 2, 2007, 01:56 PM
    Sex/hair issues
    I'm a female, who prefers smooth skin, therefore I have shaved off all my pubic hair. I'm now really worried and wonder if it's a big mistake. I've been with my boyfriend a while and we are ready for sex now. I wasn't scared at all, but now I've shaved I'm really worried. What happens if he prefers hair down there? Do lads mind? My main worry is that since the first time I did it, I cannot get a totally smooth shave, it's a tiny bit stubbly, a bit like your legs a day after you shave. I'm worried that will be a major turn off, it is still quite smooth. I would wax it, but id have the same issue, after a while it would be a little stubbly, but still too short for another wax, plus I wouldn't have the money and id be too embarrassed. Please help me, I'm worried now!
    leti1980 Posts: 150, Reputation: 6

Dec 2, 2007, 01:59 PM
    I think most men like no hair down there I don't know why but in my expereince they do.

Dec 2, 2007, 02:01 PM
    That's good news I guess, but can they cope with it not been totally smooth, its not like really spikey, but I cannot get a really clean smooth shave down there at all

Dec 2, 2007, 02:05 PM
    To be honest he won't care and won't notice. All he will be thinking of is what he is doing with you. I have just asked 2 mens opions and they say that. So don't worry it will be a turn on proberly and will not even notice a little stubble

Dec 2, 2007, 02:14 PM
    Thanks that's great news, I'm looking forward to it, but obviously I'm a little nervous, first time round!

Dec 2, 2007, 02:16 PM
    You will be fine if you are ready. Take care leti
    anette Posts: 24, Reputation: 5

Dec 3, 2007, 07:37 PM
    Forget about it . Your BF will enjoy it
    kp2171 Posts: 5,318, Reputation: 1612
    Uber Member

Dec 3, 2007, 10:24 PM
    given a choice, I like it trimmed close. Been with shaved completely and never, ever thought "man... only if she had some stubble..."

RELAX!

do what you are comfortable with. I like trimmed cause I think completely shaved can look a little adolescent. Clean and neat, I think, is best.

but, as I said, he IS NOT going to stop mid stride and say... "Wait!... Wait!... The Homeowners Association CLEARLY states in their charter that all lawns are to be trimmed to 2.5 inches missy! no more, no less!!!"

=)

really... you are overthinking it. Girls are so cute that way. You work so damn hard to make us happy.

exfoliate.
    moisturize.
    pluck.
    shave.
    prim.
    powder.
    perfume.
    tan.
    wax.

the guy might have showered, used soap if he remembered... maybe brushed his teeth or ate a tic-tac.

=)
    loversheaven Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 4, 2007, 03:26 AM
    This is a worry of mine too, I shave down then, as I just like the feel myself of smooth smooth skin, but I also discovered its not easy to get a smooth clean shave down there. I also get little red spots as well, like a shaving rash, they aren't all that noticeable, but I'm worried my boyfriend will notice them and freak out, but then again I also have stretch marks and that is my BIGGEST worry, that they will repulse him! Eeeks!
    Uber Member

Dec 4, 2007, 06:42 AM
    c'mon ladies...

You've seen us men naked, right??

We are hairy apes who are built more for utility (grunt... move heavy rock I killed with bare hands) than aesthetics.

Despite our drooling over airbrushed and photoshopped "perfect" models in the media, we generally are more than happy when a woman shows us a little attention... so buy the cosmos for the sex tips (This Month: New Sex Tricks You Never Thought About in Church), not the pics... and leave your worries on the floor with your clothes as best you can.

The more you let this stuff in your head, the less likely you are to enjoy sex... which means less likely to orgasm too. Which I think kind of sucks, since I think orgasms are not overrated. Wait... uh... yeah... just checked. Definitely not overrated.

As for stretch marks. Dated a girl who had them from a pregnancy. While they are not something a guy puts on their "wish list", they never, ever stopped me from being in the moment sexually. Ever. I suppose I'm just a pig like that? Wait... uh... yeah... just checked. I'm a pig like that.

The guy is with you. You. u. ewe. Yoo. YOU. Stop trying to justify how you aren't going to be good enough. Confidence is sexy as hell. Put him to the wall, hold his wrists to the bed and he won't be thinking about that pimple on his butt. So why should you?

Look I know I can't just say get over it and *poof* its done. But head games are best left under the sheets and not in your mind.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 06:01 AM
    You can never completely get it smooth unless you wax. Well you might once or twice when your razors still sharp. Me. I shave once every two days. But I hate hair on my body lol. I shave my legs, pits, down under and my arms lol.
    I find most men like their girls shaved. They think its more clean. Or at least that's what I've been told by them lol
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Dec 5, 2007, 06:16 AM
    I've done all of it--completely shaved, stubble, trimmed, au natural.

Guess what?

My husband is happy when he gets to have sex with me. I don't hink he even notices most of the time what the state of my hair is when we do.
    mseik Posts: 40, Reputation: 6

Dec 5, 2007, 11:14 AM
    I do understand the perfection thing. But in the end that's really not what your partner is going to care about, or what's going to turn him on. What's going to turn him on is how turned on you are. How you feel about yourself. How uninhibited and "in the moment" you are.

I've had a friend for many years who is by all accounts a homely woman. And I don't mean plain. She has never, ever, ever had trouble getting and keeping a man. Actually, she's never had to make an effort to get or keep a man. She is just innately comfortable with all aspects of herself, has bundles of self-respect, and is completely uninhibited and "in the moment" in her relationships. She has a very healthy sexual appetite and outlook as well. Her husband is gorgeous... and very, very satisfied on every level! And they've been together for a long time now.

Focus on the experience you're about to have, not on how many millimeters long your pubic hair is! Sex is supposed to be fun, too, so... have fun! There's nothing sexier than that.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 11:26 AM
    Hello help:

Have you ever kissed a guy with stubble? Did it make your face burn? Are you getting my message?

excon
    number13 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2
    -

Dec 5, 2007, 01:46 PM
    EXCON please tell me are you saying stubble it's a MAJOR issue then? Is it not something you wish a lady to have?
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 03:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello help:

Have you ever kissed a guy with stubble? Did it make your face burn?? Are you getting my message?

excon
    oh thank you so much for that!!

so the next time my partner has a little "stubble" there and I'm pleasing her, now I'm going to think about grandpa paul's evening shadow. You suck.

can hear it now... "howd ya get that funny rash on yer face???" =P this is the part where my wife tells you that's why should have ears without piercings... no poking decorations in the "handles".
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2007, 04:45 PM
    OK my post was mostly playing fun with excons post about a "burning" sensation when your cheek hits scratchy stubble. And then the ear thing... if you don't get the handles part I just cannot help you there. ;) no... I've never had a rash on my face from a girls "stubble"... if I did, I'm probably DOING IT WRONG.

Really.

It was just a couple of guys being morons. I spose that's redundant... guys... morons.

However, in my previous two remotely honest attempts to answering this question I said over and over that YOU ARE MAKING A BIG DEAL OVER NOTHING!! Well, its something, but not the potential horrible mistake that you seem to be thinking it could be.

Yes... every person has their own preference. I've already said mine. excon just tried to say he like none or trimmed, but not the scratchy stuff when none is growing out...

But AGAIN... its not like most guys will pull back and say... hmmm... if it were just a couple millimeters longer...

The ONLY case where id be put off is if the girl was extremely thick with hair. As I said, I like neatly trimmed first, but "taken care of", however you wish, is fine!

STOP FRETTING.

Pretty, pretty please?
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 05:45 PM
    I'd like to give my minority opinion in favor of growing out your pubic hair.

While you are learning about penis/vagina sex, practicing positions, receiving thrusts, different speeds and all the rest, it feels so much better for you to have that hair, along with natural fluids, providing a chaff-free environment!!

Shaved female genitals are for the pleasure of the man who enjoys giving head and viewing hairless pudes. When you are young, you are about developing and understanding your own sexuality, not being someone's toy. Take charge, don't lose years of sexual pleasure because you want to passively "please the man"... nothing pleases a healthy man than an enthusiastic orgiastic woman!

Best wishes,
    Choux Posts: 3,047, Reputation: 376
    Ultra Member

Dec 5, 2007, 05:49 PM
    That should be "chafe-free"... so much for the accuracy of spell check !
    Aussieman Posts: 24, Reputation: 6

Dec 22, 2007, 07:06 PM
    My 2 cents.
    I prefer shaved and I know with shaving you get red spots... so it is not a problem. Stop trying to be perfect :)
    Enjoy the process...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair dye issues [ 1 Answers ]

My nateral hair color is a ash blonde color, but I have dyed it brown for a while. A few days ago I tyred to bleach it back to blonde. Now it is this awfull orange. Is there any way I can get it to blonde with out the orange in it?

Semi-Permanent Hair dye Issues [ 3 Answers ]

I have been dying my hair for four years but between each dying (semi-permanent) I let my natural color come back. The last few times I have done it have been at a salon, my hair dresser since I was three years old just retired and I had a new person dye my hair, he died it way to dark and it has...

Hair colour issues! [ 1 Answers ]

Hey all - my hair is naturally a mixture of dark blonde and brown, and quite a while ago now I decided to dye it all dark brown. I like it, but I think it is just too much hassle for me too keep up! Plus I am finding it impossible to match a colour with the one I have now which means that my roots...

Black hair issues... [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: :confused: :confused: here's my black hair deal: always used semipermanents near natural light brown until I did all but the extremes-blonde and black... I did blonde and it was fine because I dyed over it and it fixed but then the black didn't come out... I died it about... january...

Hair color issues [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday I had my dark brown hair highlighted and I am unhappy with the results. My hair was foiled and bleached and then the highlights were treated with a toner that came out red. I had wanted lighter brown highlights. The hairdresser told me that it would fade with shampooing. Is there...

View more questions Search