Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bebegirl Posts: 36, Reputation: 8

Dec 2, 2007, 01:26 AM
    Proactive?
    Hello, I was wanting to give proactive acne treatment a try. Of course I have heard the wonderful things about it and the negatives. I was just wanting to know... and I am sure it varies on people... but when you first start using it do you have an initial horrible break out? Or does it treat your skin as is?
    Thanks
    Nemo1600 Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Dec 2, 2007, 05:59 PM
    I use proactiv gentle formula because the original formula was drying out my skin causing me to break out more. The gentle formula has no alcohol in it and works so much better and I love it. I recommend that you get that formula if you're worried about bad breakouts.
    uhhleesha Posts: 105, Reputation: 21

Dec 2, 2007, 06:11 PM
    Before using proactiv, talk to your doctor or dermatologist. I'm using a benzoyl peroxide wash, and it's just as effective as when I was using proactiv. However, I still use their sulfur face mask at night.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 2, 2007, 06:17 PM
    My daughter was using it, it was pretty effective, and pretty expensive. My daughter has been using Clean & Clear Advantage and I have seen better results than when she was using Proactive.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Dec 2, 2007, 06:19 PM
    People have different hormone levels. Therefore, each individual will respond differently to acne treatments. What works for one person may not work for another. You could give it a try to see if works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Proactive does it work or am I just wasting my time? [ 13 Answers ]

I have been using proactive for about 2 weeks now, and it doesn't seem like its working, I have had a pre-menstrual breakout, but still. For those who have used it before. Does it work or am I wasting my time using it? :confused:

Next to Proactive [ 2 Answers ]

I kow this stuff works but, is there any other products out there that does the same job? Lately my face is just been terrible lol :D Or a good product that cleans the face real well.

Acne but not proactive [ 2 Answers ]

There is many questios here about acne and many of answers are to use proactive.But, here, using proactive for one month equals to spend 75 dollars. I have had acne for years, some scars are also present.Do you have an idea that is cheaper?

View more questions Search