Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    elocin7306 Posts: 15, Reputation: 2

Aug 26, 2007, 06:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Xrayman
    okay i think in this case there are a lot of people who are advising you that you need "fixing". I disagree.

A. Sexuality may be seen as neither JUST physical ie penis OR vagina. fullstop. it's just not that easy. Gender reassignment is given ONLY to those people who have "acted" in their opposite (physical sex) role for 2 or more years-have you needed a "penis" with in your pants AND LEFT IT THERE for 2 or more years? you must use only the toilets of the opposite (physical sex) for this same time. ALL through this there is INTENSE psychological therapy. if you can envision this without the slightest trepidation-then PERHAPS you may require gender reassignment surgery.

B. Thereapy as suggested by many above is needed but not to insinuate (as I tend to feel some are) that you are flawed in some way.

C. Hormonal imbalances account for SLIGHT masculinsation/feminisation feelings. and as pointed out by my friend J_9, the RARE XXY or XXX chomosomal people are usually infertile.

D. hermaphrotdites exist but are also rare as they are physically-only both sexes (psychologically they take the sexuality role (gender) as on or the other.

Your symptoms are leaning towards transexualism both physical and mental-go to A. and confirm or deny whether you would feel right taking this path.

You may be bisexual IN THE TRUE sense of the word meaning that there is a physical AND mental gender role (male in your case) inside you. many people think bisexuality is loving both sexes-this (in its true etymology) is not the same thing.

sorry if this is a little confusing.

Way confused. I could see myself as a man and be comfortable with that, and am looking to mango products so I can use the men's room in public places, and stuff my pants more than just in the bedroom at night with no one around. I don't want to be isolated from the rest of the world.
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 06:21 PM
    I think that you now have a name for how you feel. You should without a doubt do research on the steps required. It is imperative for you to see a psychologist who specializes in patient who have Gender Identity Disorder. They will help you cope with your day to day life. They can also ultimately approve you for Gender Reassignment Surgery.

Elocin7306 there is a large community out there of people who feel the same way you o or did feel the same way you do now before they went through GRS. I'm certain a few simple searches will help you locate support groups, online communities, etc that will help you feel like you belong.

Aug 26, 2007, 06:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by GlindaofOz
    I think that you now have a name for how you feel. You should without a doubt do research on the steps required. It is imperative for you to see a psychologist who specializes in patient who have Gender Identity Disorder. They will help you cope with your day to day life. They can also ultimately approve you for Gender Reassignment Surgery.

Elocin7306 there is a large community out there of people who feel the same way you o or did feel the same way you do now before they went through GRS. I'm certain a few simple searches will help you locate support groups, online communities, etc that will help you feel like you belong.

Thank you for your information. I appreciate it.
    BEEN THERE Posts: 22, Reputation: 4

Aug 26, 2007, 09:13 PM
    OK I am a little confused. I think this is just her way of masturbation. As a teenager I wondered what men would get out of sex, and discovered that by humping on a pillow pretending to be a guy I could make myself orgasm. I now realize that I was just stimulating my clitoris in a new way and have known other people that have done similar things, their favorite teddy bear etc. Isn't this sock just the same thing and you are all over reacting? Shouldn't she just quit obsessing about anything be wrong with her and just enjoy herself in her own way. This doesn't have to affect her life our her sexuality or make her gay or a transexual or anything. I think she she is just embarrassed that this causes her pleasure and she is trying to convince herself it must be something medical to relieve her guilt. Perhaps if someone would tell her it is normal she will quit obsessing about it.
    Xrayman Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 193
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2007, 11:09 PM
    Been there, You may have to read the original post to understand what she is saying, she is not using the sock for masturbation, she wants the appearance and feel in her pants that a penis would give her she is not masturbating (usually) with it.
    kt1205 Posts: 125, Reputation: 4
    -

Aug 26, 2007, 11:13 PM
    You were born a girl. Live with it.
    CorrieNB Posts: 78, Reputation: 8

Aug 27, 2007, 06:27 AM
    I am not in any way saying you need fixing I think everyone is made how they should be. And do not believe there is any thing wrong with you Now keep in mind my info on this comes from a documentry I saw on transgenders Don't you love the discovery channel. But when it comes to the treatment part they don't medicate you or any thing like that they just help you cope with the stress involved with an idenity crisis I will try to look on discovery .com and see if I can find any info on the subject and get back to you Just remember to keep smiling and be yourself because you are perfect the way you are

Aug 27, 2007, 07:58 AM
    All right I found a web site for you to check out it will ask you a few questions to determin weather you are transgender the link is Transgender Care : Transsexual Transexual Transgender Transvestite Crossdresser Resource it might be worth checking into good luck.
    hello4397 Posts: 68, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2007, 04:22 PM
    I think the best advice would be go and get a blood test or hormone test done.

Aug 28, 2007, 07:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kt1205
    you were born a girl. live with it.

Thank you for your advice, but you have no idea how I have been feeling for 26 years. (Bottled up inside).

Aug 28, 2007, 07:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CorrieNB
    Alright I found a web site for you to check out it will ask you a few questions to determin weather you are transgender the link is Transgender Care : Transsexual Transexual Transgender Transvestite Crossdresser Resource it might be worth checking into good luck.

Thank you very much for your help. I appreciate it.

Aug 30, 2007, 06:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by elocin7306
    Thank you for your advice, but you have no idea how i have been feeling for 26 years. (Bottled up inside).
    That was not advice. People do not understand what they don't know:)

Aug 30, 2007, 06:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kt1205
    you were born a girl. live with it.
    That's not very nice:(
    giani513 Posts: 179, Reputation: 47

Aug 30, 2007, 08:33 AM
    Your physical gender is obviously female... you've had kids. Your gender identity is male, as in you feel that you are more male than female. I would agree on counseling, not because you are crazy, but to help aid in what you are feeling. You are not the first to feel this way, so don't think you are strange or abnormal.
    americangayboy Posts: 220, Reputation: 38

Aug 30, 2007, 07:11 PM
    You are gender dysphoric. Your sex is female but your gender is "man." This pretty common and in many cities there is a community of people similar to you. Whatever you do, don't let d-bags tell you there is something wrong with you.

Gender reassignment surgery might be an option for you, and to find out, you'll need to go through psychological evaluations and live life as a man for at least 1 year. Many find living life in the target gender is sufficient to be happy, but for others genital augmentation is needed.

I wish you nothing but the best. Stay strong and find some friends in the transgender community!
    americangayboy Posts: 220, Reputation: 38

Aug 30, 2007, 07:53 PM
    Kt, how do you define normal? If you mean it is uncommon, then this MAN is abnormal; however, normalcy is hard to define and I'm not sure you should be throwing the term "normal" around. Sex and gender don't always match. Elocin is not a lesbian, he is gender dysphoric (apologies for the term, it inappropriately suggests disorder).

Aug 31, 2007, 01:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by americangayboy
    kt, how do you define normal? If you mean it is uncommon, then this MAN is abnormal; however, normalcy is hard to define and I'm not sure you should be throwing the term "normal" around. Sex and gender don't always match. Elocin is not a lesbian, he is gender dysphoric (apologies for the term, it inappropriately suggests disorder).

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate it very much.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2007, 02:13 PM
    I think having a trained clinician work with you, could prove beneficial. Obviously your not alone with your feelings, what to do about them is the issue I think.

Aug 31, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman
    I think having a trained clinician work with you, could prove beneficial. Obviously your not alone with your feelings, what to do about them is the issue I think.

I am one step ahead of you.

Aug 31, 2007, 04:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman

Also, I am 30 something, not 16, and this has been going on for more than 26 years.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I a man or a woman? [ 17 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I think I have a problem but to be honest I'm not even sure it should be something to be worried about! I think I'm turning into a man! I am a 20 year old female student from the UK. I am straight and I have lots of friends of both sexes from all corners of the earth. I am not...

Woman vs. Man [ 15 Answers ]

Does it bother men when you ask them out? I don't normally ask them because that's not how I was brought up, but I know that men can be just as shy as we are.

What should a man understand in his woman? [ 12 Answers ]

I gave all the love I could to her, even in a long distance relationship (not exactly cause is only 2 hours away, and we spoke everyday and meet every weekend). I know she loved me back, she cherished about the relation, but recently she told me she doesn't feel the same, that we have not so many...

When a man loves a woman [ 2 Answers ]

How can you tell if a man really loves you if he hasn'st told you but you think he does:confused:

View more questions Search