Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jjay12001 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 04:28 AM
    Fitting a water but to an old fashioned cast iron drain pipe
    How does one fit a water but to an old fashioned cast iron drain pipe? The instructions coming with the water but assume one is fitting to a modern plastic pipe.
    ohb0b Posts: 215, Reputation: 14

May 3, 2009, 11:10 PM
    Check the plumbing department of your local home improvement store. They probably sell an adapter from cast iron to plastic pipe.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to cut cast iron drain pipe [ 7 Answers ]

How to cut 2" cast iron drain pipe.

Cast Iron Drain Pipe [ 1 Answers ]

I would like an answer to several questions. 1. I have a rough-in for a shower in my basement. The concrete floor has a 7" diameter hole with a cast iron pipe about 9" down from the concrete surface. There is a round plug in the end of the cast iron with no square in the center for a wrench. ...

PVC or Cast Iron Drain Pipe [ 2 Answers ]

My Drain Pipe outside the house has been damaged severely by tree roots. Will it be better to replace it wit PVC or Cast Iron? What are the advantages and Disadvantages of using Cast Iron?

Removing galv fitting from cast iron pipe [ 4 Answers ]

What is the best way to remove a threaded stuck lead fitting from a cast iron section? The fitting was from a lead sink drain pipe and it connected to the cast pipe at the toilet elbow. I tried a pipe wrench and a hammer to try to budge it but no go. I want to thread new PVC into the section of...

View more questions Search