Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DougE Posts: 96, Reputation: 3

Aug 8, 2007, 01:14 PM
    Is it wrong to grieve around Anniversary time when u broke up?
    If you have a 3 year anniversary coming up On Sept 19, 2007 and you broke up recently, do you think both sides are going to feel down when it gets to that date?
    Haplo Posts: 128, Reputation: 17

Aug 8, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Well, it's hard to speak for people unknown, but I would think there would be some sort of acknowledgement for it.

The question I really hear you asking is: "Is my ex going to feel as down as I will on that day? (And if she does, does that mean she still loves me?)"

To answer that question, we don't know. I imagine she will think of it and probably (if she were the one who wanted to end the relationship somehow) try to push it aside. But even that is thinking of you.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2007, 01:19 PM
    Only if one person was expecting a really expensive gift from the other person. :D

Aug 8, 2007, 01:36 PM
    OK I c thanks for the reply
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2007, 01:41 PM
    Hello again Doug,

You see a break up is similar to a death (or should be in your case, lol), there are 5 stages of grieving that must take place before you are healed completely. You are already going through one of the stages. Denial.

Aug 8, 2007, 02:06 PM
    That still doesn't mean you won't be down during the anniversayr
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 8, 2007, 02:07 PM
    No, you will be, that is my point, you have a grieving process to go through first.

Aug 8, 2007, 02:14 PM
    I c. well I guess I don't care if she is down or not... oh by the way, just is very invlolved in her church and felt convicted for living a life not being married
    Jiser Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 281
    Ultra Member

Aug 8, 2007, 02:16 PM
    I would make sure you have something planned for that day to help you forget it.

Aug 8, 2007, 02:35 PM
    Yeah that is what I am going to do
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 8, 2007, 03:10 PM
    Probably. It's a pretty normal reaction. Significant dates like that tend to trigger these types of thoughts.
    SAB123 Posts: 685, Reputation: 94

Aug 9, 2007, 06:29 AM
    3 weeks into breakup came Valentines Day that was the worse day of my life. But I can honestly say next V-day won't be bad.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 9, 2007, 08:10 AM
    I have had so any g/f's I stopped worrying about the anniversary dates a long time ago and as you are just accepting this break up, and its so fresh its okay to feel a little down. It will be better next year if you do the right things for yourself now.
    rol Posts: 804, Reputation: 162

Aug 10, 2007, 03:00 AM
    After my breakup last year I felt like I grieved during all significant dates i.e. anniversary, christmas, new year, birthdays, breaking up annivesary , and then once the year was up miraculously I felt like I was healed. It takes time, you will be fine.
    Trouble321 Posts: 54, Reputation: 12

Aug 10, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Following an 8 yr relationship I was in, the next couple years on our "anniversary" I was affected. Bad moods, got drunk... etc.
    A friend of mine just happened to have a child born on that day and from then I don't consider it the anniversary of me and the ex. I now just think of it as Noah's birthday.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend broke up because she needs time to herself. [ 10 Answers ]

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum and I have a question about a relationship problem. After 8 months of being together, my girlfriend has recently told me that she wants to break up. Our relationship was great and she has admitted that I was the best boyfriend she has ever had. However,...

Right Girl Wrong time [ 9 Answers ]

Hi All Recently started dating a guy about 3 months ago. I wouldn't call him a boyfriend or anything. However, I have fallen for him big style and we have continued to see each other from time to time. The only problem is that it is usually Alcohol related. I have told him that I would like to...

My ex broke me and now Its time to say goodbye and thank you! [ 8 Answers ]

I found this site two months ago and started posting of my situation, I was devastated and really although I received so much advice I still did all the things I should not have been doing... Chasing and trying to stay friends so I could get back in for 2 months what a waste of time. She...

Wrong place at wrong time [ 11 Answers ]

Hello all Would like you r insight for my sister and her husband. They were recently arrested for murder in the 1st degree and conspiracy to commit robbery. They both claim that they were not going to rob the guy whom was an ex roommate but ask him for the money they felt he owed them when a friend...

View more questions Search