Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jnnfredmond Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 10, 2007, 03:10 PM
    What happen
    what happen to the graph of the line y=3x-2 when equation is changed to y=3x+6
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Apr 10, 2007, 05:00 PM
    The y-intercept changes from -2 to 6. Graph them both and see.
    asterisk_man Posts: 476, Reputation: 32

Apr 10, 2007, 05:03 PM
    you've given two equations in slope-intercept form.
    slope-intercept form looks like y=mx+b. m is the slope of the line, b is the spot that the line will cross the y axis, also known as the "y intercept".
    your two equations differ in their y intercept. The first will intercept the y axis at y=-2, the second at y=+6. they both have the same slope. Therefore, when you change from y=3x-2 to y=3x+6 the slopes stay the same but the line moves up 8 units.

I hope this helps. If you have questions please ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What can I do and What can Happen? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Massachusettes, I have never been in any kind of trouble my whole life. I am a 43 year old female. I have been on disability for 5 years do to many health problems, and I raise my child alone, father never pays support. Things have been stressful some days I am in bed for weeks...

What will happen to me [ 1 Answers ]

Whaen will I get engaed? When will I get married? Where will he be from? Will he be from abroad?

Will it ever happen? [ 7 Answers ]

I just want to know if I should wait for my ex boyfriend to come back.. which I have a feeling deep inside he will.. Or move on.. I love him and I am willing to wait for him.. and give him space.. If I know he's coming back. But I don't want to be wasting time on nothing. What should I do

View more questions Search