Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 12, 2009, 04:06 AM

Have you talked about your concerns? Generally a lack of sex is only a symptom of a greater problem that needs addressing, and that's what has to be figured out.

Where does he get his pot money from, and why doesn't he work? Don't know the meds he takes, but you can Google them for side effects but a doctor would be the way to go.

Also what has changed, or made circumstances different such as arguments, or disagreements that have led to resentments, or unresolved conflicts.

With you working, and in school, is your expectations of attention from him to high? Hard to say what's going on between you, but you both should be talking.
    portlandamh Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2009, 08:05 PM

Yes we have talked, and he tells me it has to do with low levels of testosterone, medications etc. He doesn't work because apparently in his family as long as your "in school" dad fronts all living expenses, so he essentially has a "budget" he gets each month and he has included extra for his pot, and he has a marijuana medical license so often times he gets it free, don't ask about that one. Anyway, we have issues just like any couple but nothing that would explain the lack of sex, its very frustrating, he says this week he will be getting health insurance, which his dad will pay for he just has to put the effort into finding it and signing up, and then he will get back on testosterone which he was on briefly 6 months ago and seemed to make things a little better. I don't know what I was expecting to hear, I know he needs to continue talking to his doctor about this, which he did before and that is why he was on testosterone, but I feel like we are too young for this.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2009, 05:25 AM
    Your never to young for life to knock you around. You learn to adjust. What kind of seizures are we talking about. You can go to Web MD, and see the side effects of his medications.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2009, 06:49 AM

Regarding his meds,if he discusses with his Dr. about his decreased libido,they may be able to try some other meds until they find one that works.My BF had to do that with Blood pressure medicine.

This sounds medical and you can't fault the guy for that.If I was in his position I would at least make an attempt to satisfy your urges.

He still has the ability to take care of your needs.It happens all the time in relationships when one partner can't have sex for whatever reason. Ask him for a hand here.
    lady_g_123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2009, 08:48 AM
    Hi there,

I completely understand your dilemma! I've been with my boyfriend for close to 5 years too and the first year we were together we were inseparable and our sex life was amazing. It gradually got worse over the years and now we will have sex every 4 months or so if that! He is very affectionate but it seems he is too lethargic to actually perform. He also smokes a lot of pot. I can understand your frustration for sure, I find myself in the same situation. It's a horrible feeling almost as if feeling rejected and not wanting to try with it anymore. If you find an answer let me know!

Xx
    LJDK Posts: 281, Reputation: 25

Jul 24, 2009, 10:55 AM

Sounds like a medical issue and pot is the scape goat here for your frustrations. Same as above, get a MD's advise.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

No menstrual cycles after giving birth 16 months ago and weaning 2 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth in July 2007 and nursed my son until the middle of September 2008. Unlike after I gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago, I did not resume my menstrual cycles as I continued to nurse my son and would only have a few days of spotting. Now, it has been 2 months since I totally weaned...

Medications [ 1 Answers ]

Thanks

Bleeding 3 months straight after depo shot 4 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

The birth control shot I got was supposed to be good for 3 months. I got it 4 months ago, so I realize it should have worn off by now. Everything was fine for the 1st month, but for the past 3 MONTHS, I my vagina has continually been bleeding. After it had been doing this for 3 weeks I called to...

View more questions Search