Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Radium Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 01:31 AM
    She takes but says we mean nothing.
    So this girl I meet has said that she doesn't want to be with me, but she wants to be friends. I don't want to just be friends because I know the moment I find another girl she will come back to me. One of those that only likes what they can't have. I have been spending money and taking her out, on dates yes. She doesn't seem to think that is wrong of her. All my female friends say that they would tell a guy to not spend money on them if there was not the possibility of anything. So why is it that she keeps allowing me to spend on her, then when I stop she gets upset? Also I won't call her yet every morning she calls me for breakfast and almost every night for dinner. What would that make us? It is hard to say, I know she does care about me and has had things in her past happen that prevent her from moving on, what would be all of yours advice? Thank you.
    Radium Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2007, 01:33 AM
    Oh and I know I am being stupid for spending. So yes I know that.
    ConfusedandLost Posts: 93, Reputation: 26

Sep 20, 2007, 06:39 AM
    Radium... run away from this situation, as fast as you can. The two of you are in different places, you want a relationship and she just wants to have her cake and eat it too. STOP spending money on her ASAP. Move on, if she gets upset... too bad she gave YOU up. Show her the prize she lost with your new healthy relationship. Don't look back... you are leading a very fast path of destruction if you continue what you are doing now.

Finally... ask yourself... do you really want all of this pain and grief? Relationships are not supposed to be like this... move on.
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Sep 20, 2007, 06:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Radium
    So this girl i meet has said that she doesnt want to be with me, but she wants to be friends. I dont want to just be friends because i know the moment i find another girl she will come back to me. One of those that only likes what they can't have. I have been spending money and taking her out, on dates yes. She doesnt seem to think that is wrong of her. All my female friends say that they would tell a guy to not spend money on them if there was not the possibility of anything. So why is it that she keeps allowing me to spend on her, then when i stop she gets upset? Also I wont call her yet every morning she calls me for breakfast and almost every night for dinner. What would that make us? It is hard to say, i know she does care about me and has had things in her past happen that prevent her from moving on, what would be all of yours advice? Thank you.
    I agree with Confused. You are playing the role as 'doormat' and you need to stop. She says she just wants to be your friend? That's perfectly fine, but make her pay for some of these friendly outings. There is no reason for her to make you pay for everything, friends don't do that. It seems to me she is just keeping you on the back burner, for when she needs/wants you. Stand up for yourself and tell her if she wants to go out as friends and if that is all we are, then she can pay for half the check. If she doesn't like it, kick her to the curb. Then find a girl that is completely there for you.
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Sep 20, 2007, 07:46 AM
    She has already told you what she wants, you're just not hearing it. She wants a frindship, not a relationship. So stop spending time and money on her. You are being a doormat. So stop. Leave her alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

The darkness takes me poem [ 2 Answers ]

I see nothing but darkness around me I hear crying and screaming I feel a hand on my shoulder then I hear a voice it says help us . But then he fads away everything does I find myself alone afraid in the darkness I cry no one hears me no one finds me I am alone in the darkness and I'm becoming...

Takes the biscuit surely? [ 2 Answers ]

In a blog posting over the weekend, singer Sheryl Crow unveiled her plan to help everyone combat global warming. It involves toilet paper. I'll let Sheryl tell it in her own words: "I have spent the better part of this tour trying to come up with easy ways for us all to become a part of the...

Firefox takes all my memory! [ 3 Answers ]

I really like Firefox browser, until it takes all the available memory and hogs the cpu. Then the machine grinds to a snails pace. It doesn't happen all the time. But when it does a reboot or manually shutting it down is the only solution. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

Does your computer have what it takes ? [ 15 Answers ]

MS posts PC Vista-viability tool Can your box run the next version of Windows? MS posts PC Vista-viability tool | Reg Hardware Absolute Minimum spec is 800 Mhz CPU 512 Mb RAM

View more questions Search