Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Day920 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 03:36 PM
    2 weeks late on my period
    Well I'm 2wks late with my period and the last time I had my period was 3/22/07 I took a home pregnancy test and it was negative I have no symptoms of being pregnant. But could it be true that I could still be? Should I take another test? Please help:confused:
    bmatt820 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2007, 03:43 PM
    Yes you could still be. A lot of times pregnancy tests are either inaccurate or u have to wait before u get accurate results. I don't know where you live,but a lot of walk in clinics will test you for free. Their results are faster and more precise...
    CakeLady Posts: 52, Reputation: 6

May 8, 2007, 03:56 PM
    Actually, the above poster is only somewhat correct. It's true that if you go to "a clinic," you're bound to find out definitely whether you are or aren't pregnant. Not only because they can do a series of pregnancy tests, including blood tests, but actually do a physical exam on you as well. The physical exam part may be the determining factor.

However--When it comes to home pregnancy tests, they are almost 99% accurate, and in many cases, the physician's office will use the same test on you FIRST!

Many people don't trust the accuracy of a home pregnancy test, but they should. They've improved a lot over the years, and have become much more easy to use/read results.

Good luck in your decisions,
    --CakeLady--
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 8, 2007, 05:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by CakeLady
    However--When it comes to home pregnancy tests, they are almost 99% accurate, and in many cases, the physician's office will use the exact same test on you FIRST!
    I'm sorry CakeLady, I have to respectfully disagree with you here. HPTs are notorious for false negatives. Rarely does one get a false positive.

The ones given in most doctor's offices are a little more sensitive than the ones we buy over-the-counter.

When taking a HPT it is imperative that you take it using first morning urine, no matter what the directions say. The reason for this is that the concentration of hCG (pregnancy hormone) is in a higher concentration in the morning and you are more apt to get an accurate response.

If this fails, then it is time to pay a visit to your doctor to get a blood test and/or to find out why your period is missed.

Other than that CakeLady, you got it all right on the mark.
    babieface85 Posts: 332, Reputation: 24

May 9, 2007, 08:46 AM
    I would test one more time with a dollar store test if you're strapped for cash... Then go to your dr. or a public heath center no matter what. The only times have missed my period have been when I was under weight and when I became pregnant. It's very unlikely that you would miss your period for a non medical reason. I do not mean to scare you, however; if you are not pregnant you could be very ill(or you could be fine) and should obtain medical care before it is to late to treat you're possible conditions.
    krystal1973 Posts: 100, Reputation: 22

May 9, 2007, 08:49 AM
    It should show up if you are two weeks late, wait a couple of days and take another one. And then make an appointment for a physical exam like was said earlier, just to check everything out and make sure you are okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period? [ 2 Answers ]

About a week before I get my period, my breasts start to become sore. I am very close to getting my next one, but they don't hurt at all. Does that mean I'm going to have a late period?

JUST had a baby 2 weeks ago and had unprotected sex but I was on my period [ 2 Answers ]

I know I am WAY more likely to get pregnant since I JUSt had a baby 2 weeks ago but I was on my period when we had unprotected sex and I'm still on my period could I still get pregnant?:confused:

Very late period [ 16 Answers ]

Hey pplz I need little help I'm kind of confused... me and my wife been together for about 6 yrs(even thogh just got married) and we never used any condoms. So now she's late on her period for about 3 weeks. At first I got all moody because I didn't want a kid for numerouse reasons. She took a...

Late period [ 2 Answers ]

Had my IUD removed a the start of Jan because of Period problems. Started period on the 6th of Jan and my birth control Ovcon35 that day. My cycle was 4 days long. I have not been under stress or anything like that. But as of today Feb 11 nothing. I should have started the third of Feb...

View more questions Search