Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jills-jewels Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 07:54 PM
    Renewing wedding vows?
    We are renewing our wedding vows on July 21st, it will be 21 years, and I was pregnant when we got married and didn't have a big wedding or dance. What would you suggest would be acceptable to do? We are renewing them in our Catholic church, should I have our 2 sons walk be down the isle, then stand by us through it? What should I wear? I found a really pretty black dress, but my kids think I shouldn't wear black, any ideas on this whole thing?? Thanks a lot!
    RedSox33Fan Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 08:51 PM
    CONGRATULATIONS on 21 years of marriage!! I agree with your sons, black is not the color to wear when renewing wedding vows. How about an off white, or a soft pastel color? Having your sons walking you down the aisle is a great idea, they could be your ushers and stand with you during the ceremony. HAVE A GREAT WEDDING DAY!!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Great thing to do, and talk to your priest for idea also, but yes the kids can be invovled if you want them to be.

But NO NO, NO on a black dress, this is not a funeral and it is suppose to be a happy occasion
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 26, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Congratulations! I agree with the suggestions above.
    Anayden Posts: 67, Reputation: 19

Apr 26, 2007, 11:03 PM
    First off, Hi, my name is Mia and I am actually studying to be a wedding planner. First thing you have to do is know what is and is not acceptable in the church you are having. Catholic churches tend to go by the book on most things, so you have to make sure you can do everything you want and the priest won't have anything to say so talk it out with him first. If your father isn't alive today, your sons could be acceptable to walk you down the aisle, but have you thought about making them groom's men? How old are they? They could be ushers, I only say this because maybe they want an active roll in the wedding. Know what I mean? Also there is nothing wrong with wearing a black dress, if that is what YOU want! Its not your kid's special day, its yours. Also, black doesn't mean that you aren't happy cause if it does then it means that every time you go to a party with a black dress on you are sad, so just forget that bull crap about its supposed to be a happy occasion because clothes don't make the wedding happy, YOU DO! Just make sure that your dress doesn't clash with your color scheme, that wouldn't look nice. I, myself, am going to be wearing a blue dress when I renew my vows since my husband and I only had a civil ceremony. The only thing about a white wedding dress and the reason it is actually "supposed" to be for a wedding is because back in the turn of the 20th century it was considered a sign of purity of the gal getting married. So don't worry about the white. I hope I helped and I hope you have a WONDERFUL renewal! If you want you could always email me if you need anything answered, I can try to help you the best I can. [email protected] is my email or if you have Yahoo mess my sn is Shermia.trueheart

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Renewing Greek Passport [ 4 Answers ]

I need urgent help and I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me. I have a greek passport that my father has always renewed for me in Zambia (where I was born). He can't do it any more so I am on my own. Unfortunately I cannot speak greek and this has caused me no end of problems. ...

Tell me if this is OK for a wedding [ 3 Answers ]

HELP!! OK so the wedding party is tomorrow. My brother in law is getting married. I will not go to the ceramony cause I'm not allowed in the temple because I'm not a member of their religion. But I will be attending the reception. I don't like dresses or skirts. Tell me if this would be nice to...

Is the automatically renewing lease enforceable in PA [ 1 Answers ]

:D I live in Allegheny county PA. I didn't receive a new lease when it expired in Oct. 2006. I thought the terms were now month to month w/60day written notice from both parties if not renewing. I requested new paperwork assuring I was allowed to remain in the premise. :eek: I was stunned when...

Wedding help [ 10 Answers ]

Hello! Could use some advice... we live in a rural area where it seems to be custom to asking neighbors (invited as guests) to help clean up the bride/groom's table, doing dishes, setting out food on buffet arranged tables, etc. My husband and I always argue every time I get one of these invites...

View more questions Search