Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AmyKids Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 22, 2010, 09:20 PM
    Moving out of state in fear of child's life
    I have four children. The last child's father became a abusive unknowing person when I became six months pregnant. He harmed one of my other children and lil' things that he's done show me his actions are unknowning and careless. We've been separated for three months because I relised he can never be trusted with my children. Not aloud alone with my child or will never be able foster children. He can be a great sweet person or a devil. Broke my door down well I wasn't home. Won't leave me alone. Met me at my sons head start for an hour in the cold waitting for me. Can I leave state if I fear for my children's life? And have good reason to. We have picture of Austins eye and went through DCS and he bit my back after a wedding in mich. When we came home my one year old daughter couldn't fall asleep so he pushed her to lay down and throw a big heavy blanket over here whole body and got upset when I told him I'd take care of her. He strangled me from behind and I couldn't breath so I bit his finger and he bit my back the police got involved and they took picture of his teeth on my back and put him in jail for the night. What's my rights as a mother to protect my children. When I feel it's the only way to feel safe.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 22, 2010, 09:25 PM

Do you have police reports on all the abuse, the biting, the strangleing the door and more??

Have you gotten a restraining order ?

Have you went back to family court to modify the visitation ?
    Do you even have a custody order and a order for visitation??

You can get a restaining or protective order, and either get the court to order no visits, or if there are, they would have to be at a secure location, like a court controlled staffed visitation center.
    WriterGirl_15 Posts: 79, Reputation: -3

Dec 23, 2010, 08:11 PM
    I recommend staying in the closest shelter for abused women, where the people (and usually the police) will do everything they can to protect you from him while you take care of legal matters and get a restraining order.
    cindychick06 Posts: 68, Reputation: 9

Jan 13, 2011, 05:57 PM
    Are you married to this guy?! If not then there shouldn't be any reason why you could not move out of state but just because you move out of state doesn't mean he won't follow you, so you should take care of legal matters first. You will have to go to court to figure out child support and visitation. I agree with Fr chickā€¦.. Where is the police records and the restraining order. You should have one of those for both you and your children if he is hurting them. Abuse is not something that is taken lightly these days and your shouldn't let him anywhere near them if you even suspect it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't want father in my child's life but I want his money. [ 8 Answers ]

Although there will be people who want to trash me I will be forward with my situation. I had a one night stand with a friends husband and became pregnant from it. Even though I knew this would destroy his marriage and family, I always wanted a kid and I knew he made good money and would take...

Scars on my child's eyes for the rest of her life [ 2 Answers ]

:(When I gave birth to my child in April 2005 I was excited, overjoyed, confused and everything a first time mother would be. I enjoyed her laughing, crying, everything she did. I had one complication at birth with her, and that was I had to have a c-section because I would not dilate, and her...

Scars on my child's eyes for the rest of her life [ 1 Answers ]

:(When I gave birth to my child in April 2005 I was excited, overjoyed, confused and everything a first time mother would be. I enjoyed her laughing, crying, everything she did. I had one complication at birth with her, and that was I had to have a c-section because I would not dilate, and her...

Child's bio father wants back in life! [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: My daughter was born almost 13 years ago. Her biological father saw her when she was 2 weeks old and then my daughter and I moved from one state to another. He knew where we went and how to contact us for anything. He chose not to. On her first birthday we got $100.00 and a car seat....

I don't want him in my child's life anymore [ 4 Answers ]

My soon to be ex estranged husband for 7 years has never been there physically finacialy, or emotionly for my 7 year old son. I'm filing for divorce trying to do it on my own but I've come to a glitch. He says he don't want nothing to do with our son he wants to start over. So he heard from a...

View more questions Search