Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jambrifi13 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 07:27 AM
    Is being friends with benefits worth it?
    So a few weeks back me and this girl got really open, and basiclly explained everything that made us.. us. We also talked about a lot of relationship stuff and what our thoughts were about it. I found out that she only likes the 'physical' part of the relationship. So a while after that I asked her if she wanted to be friends with benefits, and she said yes. So now we've hug out everyonce in a while and just made-out and feel up and stuff, but she wants to go farther but I don't know if I want to. My main problem is that I really like her, like I find everything about her amazing. I would die to go out with her, but she doesn't want a boyfriend "aka, only the physical stuff of a relationship', and I don't want her to like me just for the physical needs. So I thought that maybe if we were f.w.b. then we would eventually get closer, and hopefully we would go out. But I'm not quite sure now...
    redhed35 Posts: 4,221, Reputation: 1910
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2010, 07:38 AM

Sex won't make her want you,you can't make anyone wants you.

If you said to her 'look, I like you,I respect you,I'm not going to have sex with you,but if you want a guy who will treat you right,give me a call'

That,I think will make her stand back and look at you twice.

There are many problems with friends with benefits,STD's, unwanted pregnancy,a broken heart...

Is just sex worth that? Don't you deserve more? Don't you want more?

If you have sex with her,she will have an emotional connection to you,that's just biology,whether she likes it or not,however,that does not mean she will stay with you.

My advice, tell her what you want,and let the cards fall where they may... you have nothing to lose and all the respect and good name to gain,girls talk,if she says no to a relationship,she will tell other girls,who will be interested in a guy who does not just want them for their body..
    positiveparent Posts: 1,136, Reputation: 291
    -

Jun 7, 2010, 08:56 AM

There was no such thing as friends with benefits in my youth and I am not that old.

I therefore fail to see how an arrangement such as this could lead to anything other than heart break for you at least.

When sex comes into the equation then so do emotions, because the two usually go hand in hand.

You can't have sex with a person in the hopes that they'll end up wanting you, it just doesn't work that way.

As post above states tell her how you feel and that you don't really want just a physical relationship, I am sure many girls would give their right arms to be wanted for themselves and not just a sex object.
    cindychick06 Posts: 68, Reputation: 9

Jun 7, 2010, 09:13 AM

It very rarely works out... usually one person want's commitment and the other want's to bail and it just ends up a bad situation and you end up losing a friend in the process.

I would for sure agree with Red on this one, if you tell her you won't sleep with you and you want more I think she will respect you more for not taking advantage of a situation. I wouldn't do it. Especially when I was being told ahead of time I was only being used for that. Your better than that and you deserve better than that!
    becka19 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jun 8, 2010, 01:35 PM

If you have feelings for her and she only wants a physical relationship with you, its not worth your heart. If its just physical to her then its possible she could be having numerous hookups that are "just physical". The whole situations sounds rather trashy and by the sounds of how you feel you can do better

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Friends with Benefits [ 59 Answers ]

I have a friend that has been living with a girl for 4years plus, they have an 8mth old baby. This girl is a little on the psycho side, putting him out, burning all of his things, one day everything is rosey and the next day it's hell. We have been friends for 3years and I have been through a lot...

Friends with benefits? [ 20 Answers ]

Over the last couple months I have been in a rollercoaster relationship with my ex. After about 6 weeks separated we decided to give it another try and it was barely a week together until she decided she needed more time. We decided to take a break for the summer and see how we felt in a while....

Friends with benefits [ 12 Answers ]

X and I broke up about six months ago after being together three yrs and living with each other for 2. Wasn't a bad break up and have still been good friends. She jumped in anotherr relationship after ours and just broke it off with him. Anywayz... she asked me if I wanted to be friends with...

Friends with benefits [ 4 Answers ]

How can a person maintain the friends with benefits connection when you really only became friends just before becoming friends with benefits? I had this experience and I think my anxiety chased him away. I really wanted to meet up again at least once but in calling I must have sounded like I...

View more questions Search