Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cindychick06 Posts: 68, Reputation: 9

May 26, 2010, 05:21 AM
    I am on Birth control however 2 months ago I forgot to take an entire week of pills
    I am on Birth control and have been for about 3 years now however 2 months ago I forgot to take an entire week of pills, that was 2 months ago. I got my period last month, but have had sex since then. I continued off where I left off with my BC the next week when I remembered and used condoms when I had sex, or at least had the guy pull out. My periods are like clock work because of the BC and I missed it. I was due today and have no bleeding and no signs of bleeding, I usually spot the day before. I have had all of the period symptoms, breasts swollen and hurt, cramps, nausea but no blood. I am freaking out and don't know what to do. I took a test today and it came back negative but I know it's way to early for that because I'm only a. My birth control has never failed even when I was with my ex fionce and we didn't use condoms at all, but I always have my period. I have been extra stressed lately also but this is making that stress even worse! Someone please help and tell me what to do all feedback is welcomed
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

May 26, 2010, 05:59 AM
    Well, as you know, there is no way for us to tell if you are or are not pregnant, but we can advise you.

Since you missed a week of pills and started back up, this will throw your period out of whack for up to a couple of months.

Stress can also cause your period to be late.

May 26, 2010, 06:08 AM

Well I'm just concerned because I did have a normal period last month. But this one is not on time. I mean what is the chances of getting pregnant with BC and using condoms. I hope it's just late but I'm almost through the week of brown pills on my BC and I've gotten nothing not even spotting.
    Expert

May 26, 2010, 06:10 AM
    It's not common, but not rare. I had 2 children using the pill, we have another member who got pregnant using 3, yes three forms of birth control.

Try waiting another few days. If your period doesn't come then, take another HPT using first morning urine.

May 26, 2010, 06:26 AM

I'm extremely worried. There is no way I can have a child right now, that's why I was being so cautious. I can't believe this could happen. I would give anything for a period right now. I took a HPT this morning with the first morning's urine and it was negative but I know it's too soon to tell... I'm soooo stressed I want to pull my hair out!
    Expert

May 26, 2010, 06:29 AM
    I wish I could help you, but you are in the waiting zone now.

You have to remember that birth control is not 100% effective. There is no form that is 100% effective aside from abstinence or hysterectomy.

Remember too that the stress will delay your period that much longer.

May 26, 2010, 06:36 AM

I know it's not 100% and that I had messed up on the pills that's why I used the condoms but apparently those are useless as to what I have read. How long should I wait before I take another test?
    Expert

May 26, 2010, 06:39 AM
    You should wait at least another few days, preferably about a week.

May 26, 2010, 06:53 AM

I'll be dead by that time by worry. I keep hoping with the next brown pill I will start but I only have 3 left

May 27, 2010, 05:38 AM

Well still nothing, so I'm assuming that I'm pregnant. There is no way I would be this late on my BC and now I'm not even having any sort of cramps or discomfort like I was going to start. So, I don't know what to do now...
    Expert

May 27, 2010, 05:39 AM
    Take a HPT or go to the doctor for a blood test.

May 27, 2010, 11:03 AM

This just really blows my mind how I could get pregnant, using BC, condoms and the guy pulled out from what he told me. I did have sex with one other guy but we also used a condom, that guy didn't pull out, but even still. I will be warning people for sure. I just wish I knew if I really was, but it's still way to early to take a test. I'm going insane!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 27, 2010, 12:33 PM

And after the child is born, ask for DNA - apparently two people are the possible father.

May 28, 2010, 05:05 AM

No there are not two possible fathers, one of those guys can't have kids! And I'm still not sure that I'm pregnant! I'm still praying for a miracle!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

May 28, 2010, 06:27 AM

And you've talked to his Doctor? AMHD has a number of people who got pregnant by men who couldn't have kids, asking questions.

May 28, 2010, 08:10 AM

He has had a vasectomy. He already has 3 children and after his last he got a vasectomy done, so I rather doubt that it's possible. I am still coping with the idea of being pregnant I know who the father is I just don't want to be pregnant. I have thought of the different options but again, I am just praying that I will get my period and this will all go away

Jun 1, 2010, 04:05 AM

Ok so it's been a week since I was suppose to have my period. I have taken multiple test all negative. Is it still too early to tell. The test's were clearly negative no other pink line to be seen. I'm still extremely worried but that gave me a little hope.
    Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 05:52 AM
    It might be time to schedule an appointment with your doctor for a blood test.

Jun 1, 2010, 07:38 AM

I still have no sign of a period though. Is it possible to just completely skip a period but not be pregnant?? I don't know this is so stressful!
    Expert

Jun 1, 2010, 07:39 AM
    Stress can cause this too. However, having a blood test taken would most likely ease your mind one way or another.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I had a baby 3 months ago and I just had sex last week and I bled for four days [ 3 Answers ]

I had intercourse valentines day At night since my sons birth which was November 26th 2009 and four days after intercourse I started to bleed and it lasted for only four days... I haven't had my first period yet since I had my son... I think its awkward how after intercouse 4 days after I started...

No menstrual cycles after giving birth 16 months ago and weaning 2 months ago [ 2 Answers ]

I gave birth in July 2007 and nursed my son until the middle of September 2008. Unlike after I gave birth to my daughter 5 years ago, I did not resume my menstrual cycles as I continued to nurse my son and would only have a few days of spotting. Now, it has been 2 months since I totally weaned...

Birth control pills [ 7 Answers ]

A doctor once told me if you over dose on the contraceptive pill it has the same affect as the mornin after pill. True or false?

Birth control pills [ 7 Answers ]

I stop taking the birth control pills before the week I was supposed too,because we trying to have a baby it's been 12 days I already took 3 pregnancy tests and I'm still not pregnant and I still don't see my period.

View more questions Search