Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xMaverickx Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2010, 06:08 PM
    Friend Zone!
    I have been friends with this girl for a couple months now and I would consider us good friends, we have helped each other recently with our relationship issues. She has given me advice, I have given her advice. So anyway I'm going out with her on V-day to a really nice restaurant, but we are going as friends, I think. I asked her about a week ago if she had a valentine, she said no, and I asked her to be mine valentine, well I said we should be each others valentines. I kind of came off as implying that we shouldn't be alone on valentines day, but I actually want her to be my valentine as if it were we liked one another. I want to get out of the friend zone with her, but I'm not sure how, I don't want to be pushy and spook her, because I do enjoy being her friend, but I want to take it further... any advice?
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 02:06 AM

Just go have a nice relaxing meal and let things unfold in their own time. Don't rush into anything, and watch for signals that she might want it to be more.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2010, 07:00 AM

Charm your way into this. Dropping subtle signs you like her is a good way to let her know you may want something more. Enjoy the meal with her, but get her some flowers and make her feel special - as all gals should feel on V-Day. Don't over analyze anything or push it, just make her feel good and be a charming gentlemen the entire time. Good luck!

Few girls can resist a guy who knows how to treat a woman. Sweeping her off her feet with your genuine charm will give her a good idea of what kind of guy you really are. As a guy I prefer to let my actions do the talking...
    jaime90 Posts: 1,157, Reputation: 163
    Ultra Member

Feb 10, 2010, 10:44 AM

Talk to her about it. Ask her where she sees you going next.
    kirriky Posts: 80, Reputation: 26

Feb 10, 2010, 03:16 PM
    I'd say don't talk about it beforehand, in my opinion that would be awkward and counter productive, sometimes things have to take their natural course. Let her get to know you better at dinner. Make the best of it, be nice and charming, have fun, see if you two click, if there's chemistry. Don't rush anything. Maybe you two click and something happens, maybe not; even if you don't get together that very night, it could still be a start of something. So, relax, have fun, and make good use of this opportunity to make a good impression on her.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 10, 2010, 10:47 PM
    Be a perfect gentleman, and make sure the lady has a great time, and no mention of wanting more. The idea is to make HER want more. You can call her later, and see if she wants to do it again. That's when you'll know if you have a chance, or not. Your also keeping your promise of "just friends" but you can develop more later, so don't be in an all fired hurry to get a steady romance going. Friends first is fine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Once put into the friend zone, how does one get out? [ 2 Answers ]

The dreaded "friend zone". When an ex puts you there (a woman) how do you convince her to let you out?

Avoiding the friend zone [ 3 Answers ]

Ok here is the deal. I was introduced to a girl by a friend of mine and we immediately hit it off, we have tons in common, I'm really into her and I'm pretty sure she is into me. The problem is she just got out of a serious relationship about a month ago and isint ready for another relationship...

The Friend Zone [ 8 Answers ]

I got to let it out... I met a girl who is more than a year older than me. We are best friends but I want more. The only thing is that I'm not the guy she would usually go for. I'm not ugly, I'm pretty actractive but she's into muscle guys who are "older." She wants a hottie. The poit of...

2 zone oil heat, 2nd zone runs 1st zone [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, We have a 2 zone oil burner. The 1st zone (upstairs) runs separately and works no problem. The 2nd zone(basment), when we try to run 2nd zone separately , it seems to run zone 1(upstairs) and the baseboard heating upstairs gets hot and heats zone 1 even thought we have the t-stat set low...

Friend Zone [ 2 Answers ]

Ok I broke up with a long term boyfriend about 4 months ago, we were pretty serioius and I found out that he was cheating on me and that he was never really faithful so now I am very cautious and I worry all the time. I go to school with a guy named Chad and he has never cheated on a girlfriend and...

View more questions Search