Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    fuzzyfish207 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 6, 2009, 04:45 PM
    Girlfriend is in love with me. She says its causing stress.
    Well my girlfriend of 6 months is dealing with a lot of stress in her like right now. She says that she doesn't want to let me go, and that she is in love with me. But she also says that she misses me too much, and alweays wants to see me, so she's going to try to get over me.

I don't really see the logic in her decision.

We see each other 3-4 times a week, and I devote a lot of my time to her by talking on the phone with her, and texting her. Im the nicest guy in the world to her. Im in love with her.

Well today, she asked if I wanted to take a weeks break. I started talking to her about it, and she said "i just want to see you every second of my life, and i want to be with you so bad."

That was her reason for the break. She keeps saying that she wants time to herself to deal with the stress. I think she is going to try to get over me. That's what it wounds like. Its kind of worrying me.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 6, 2009, 05:02 PM

I don't see the logic behind her decision either. She loves you, talk to you everyday but wants to take a 2 week breather from the relationship. Sounds weird to me.

If she wants to be with you then don't she know that the two of you can conquer her problems together? And you seem like you want to help her. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes right now.

I would let her sort out her confusion wihout you. No talking/texts, etc But in the meantime you sort out what you want to do and if this relationship is what you want.
    skull_nut Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2009, 07:58 PM

This could be suspicious behavior or it could be nothing

Give her that week or two

And do the same thing she's doing, sort out your stress (in this case it may be her) because if you continue to date her you might experience this same thing repeatidly (stress,stress, and more stress) or it could be temporary

The best thing I could suggest is to think positive and even if she does break up with you, you can know that it's the stress and not you who caused it

She just may have too much on her plate to handle
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 8, 2009, 08:08 PM

She sounds very confused. You definitely have to give her time and space to sort this all out. Don't communicated with her in any sort of way during a week. I know it's going to cause you a lot of pain, so make sure you got lots of stuff lined up to keep yourself busy.

It's worse if you let her keep going with this confusion. In the long run, it will be better for her to sort it out on her own instead of depending on you. It will make her stronger.
    kirriky Posts: 80, Reputation: 26

Apr 9, 2009, 01:56 AM

I kind of see the logic behind that. At some point - especially on early stages of the relationship - one can get so absorbed by the other person, want to spend every minute with him, become dependent on him... So maybe she wants to see that she's still able of being on her own and that she's not abolutely dependent on you. A person can be addictive and one might have this idea of "detoxing".

Also, some people (especially men, in my experience) have this idea that seeing each other too often is not good for the relationship. So maybe she's afraid that her wanting to see you all the time would drive you away.

Then again, maybe not! But what I want to say, is that it's not necessarily some random and asburd excuse to dump you.
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Apr 9, 2009, 05:38 AM
    She's not cheating, she's not lying, she's just confused. To see someone at least three times a week for six months is a lot, and she probably feels she needs space but has done a lousy job expressing it.

Too much of one thing is never good, but it isn't the end all be all, so try not to worry. But most importantly, do what she asked, leave her alone and let her "get over you" to alleviate the stress.

Look on the bright side, this is a better route than her getting sick of you and taking advantage of you like so many ex-girlfriends of members of this website.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I still love my ex-girlfriend... someone help me.. [ 19 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am a 15 years old boy.I broke up wit my girlfriend last year end.I still love her!I can't stop thinking of her!I tried hooking up wit few new girls,but,I still miss my ex!! can anyone help me? Thankz

MY Ex Girlfriend is Pregnant, But I'm In love With mY new Girlfriend. [ 14 Answers ]

Hello, to whom it may concern my name is sam. I am 21 years old and I just don't get it. I had been with my ex for 2 odd some reasons, and then I broke up with her. I found out that she found someone right away. I felt happy inside for her at that time. Finally I found the love of my live who loves...

I love her but we can't date yet and it's causing confusion. [ 3 Answers ]

A few months ago a girl that I have known forever, and considered a friend, discovered we both have strong feelings for each other. I'm 21 and she is 16. We decided right away the thing to do was to stay friends for now and wait a few to start dating. I'm supposed to take her to dinner in two and...

Ex girlfriend causing severe depression.( Long distance relationship) [ 6 Answers ]

Hello, I know many of you will read this and think its ridiculous for me to feel this way... but here goes. So in April of 2007 I went on a cruise, I was 17 years old. A few days into the cruise I met this beautiful girl at the front of the ship. She was out there alone. I walked by and I just kept...

Is stress causing me this? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I'm having problems at school meaning too much stress and pressure from my parents and this is my first year on college and at first I was doing great but then more and more pressure of my parents I received, I'm a good girl I haven't done anything that I know that is wrong for example sex...

View more questions Search