Daughter having sex with father

Asked Jan 14, 2009, 10:46 AM 13 Answers
    This is really frustrating horrible I cant describe how I feel, I am heart broken. I went there to give her a sorprise and the sorprise was for me.

I found this girl that I have been dating, having sex with her father , She is 27 and he is 69. I confront her and she tried to denied , but after a long conversation, she admitted that that she didn't remember and if it wasn't because cough them on the act ,she still would deny it, also she admitted that is not the first time, its been happening since she was a little girl and she gets really aroused with all that stuff even dough she said she does not want to do it but he calls ,and she keeps visiting him.
    They don't live together, so when she visits , it happends in the middle of the night.

She has 2 little girls, and I don't know what to do. She needs help and even thought I am not going to continue with her, I would like to help because I love her. Is there anything that I can do or should I just walk away ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated...
    Last edited by CliffARobinson; Feb 29, 2012 at 06:06 PM.
    Synnen's Avatar
    Synnen Posts: 7,864, Reputation: 2413

#2

Jan 14, 2009, 10:52 AM

Assuming that this is NOT a joke--you should walk away.

Suggest to her that she get help, but honestly--she's got YEARS of issues with her sexuality to fix. You will not be able to help her with this--she needs to do it herself.

And honestly--could you really live with this?

Let her know you care for her, and hope she gets help, but get out of this relationship.
    TexasParent's Avatar
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 72

#3

Jan 14, 2009, 10:53 AM

I think that you should contact Child Services and ask them their opinion. I don't know if it represents a danger to the children, but if the father molested her as a child and somehow is continuing to have sex with her even now, it would suggest that her daughters are not safe.

As for the girl you have been dating, she can still charge him after all these years for the modestation she suffered as a child, but since she is sleeping with him now as an adult I doubt she is in a place mentally or emotionally to even consider it.

Talk to some experts as to how to proceed. Those kids lives are important and you have the power to make sure that they are safe; but it must be handled properly. Seek some professional advice, do not act alone on this as it is potentially explosive. You may be advised that nothing can be done, be prepared to be extremely conflicted.
    mzdiva's Avatar
    mzdiva Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

#4

Jan 14, 2009, 05:50 PM

I think you should just move on with your life that's her issue. Let her figure things out on her own she responsible for her own action but what can you do when you love her? Just pray and do you!!
    TexasParent's Avatar
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 72

#5

Jan 14, 2009, 06:01 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mzdiva View Post
    I think you should just move on with your life thats her issue. let her figure things out on her own she responsible for her own action but what can you do when you love her? just pray and do you!!!!!
    I don't agree, although yours is a valid opinion/option. I think with the knowledge that the children might be in danger he can no longer 'just walk away'. While I think he should personally and physically, I think he has once last responsibility, and that is to talk to a professional and let them determine if they think the children are in danger and what steps if any should be taken.
    SimpleguyJoe's Avatar
    SimpleguyJoe Posts: 302, Reputation: 68

#6

Jan 14, 2009, 09:43 PM

Umm easy answer GET OUT AS FAST AS YOUR FEET CAN CARRY YOU.

Hard Answer: Do you care for this girl enough to help her through this? She has been obviously jaded from the get go so it's not really her fault. But does she bring enough to the table for you to walk the gauntlet on this one?
    ISneezeFunny's Avatar
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821

#7

Jan 14, 2009, 11:01 PM

Although I admit there are a lot of problems here, calling Child Services won't really do much, as she is 27 and legally an adult. She is breaking the law, but chances are, they will both deny this claim.
    Jake2008's Avatar
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,242, Reputation: 3296
    Emotional Health Expert

#8

Jan 15, 2009, 02:04 AM
    I think it is highly likely that when she visits her father, with her two little girls, that she may be sleeping with him, so that he doesn't abuse them.

It would be unlikely that she would confide that much information to you, because you would feel even more obligated to call the authorities.

That the abuse for her started when she was a little girl, and she has her own little girls now, puts those two little girls in a very high risk situation.

It is highly unlikely that the mother is the only victim over the years.

I think you have an obligation to report this man. It is of course about your friend, but this man has to be stopped before he abuses these children.
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 19,381, Reputation: 2351

#9

Jan 15, 2009, 05:37 AM
    I'm not sure if there are currently any laws being broken, but it is highly likely, there definitely was at one time by her admission.

Beyond that she needs therapy... lots of therapy. As a child she might have been coerced into the act, as an adult she is willingly participating. Either way its just plain sick.

If in fact he did this to her as a child he's not above doing it to her children as well.
    Choux's Avatar
    Choux Posts: 3,048, Reputation: 375

#10

Jan 15, 2009, 09:43 AM

It is likely he is abusing the two little girls, so I think you should call a hotline and report this sick situation so an investigation can be started.

IF not you, who? IF not now, when?

Best wishes,

My daughter father [ 2 Answers ]

My year old baby girls bilogical father is not on her birth certificate. Can my current boyfriend, who I'm pregnant by now, adopt her without her bilogicals permission or approval? Can her bilogical dad get rights without proof that he is really her daddy?

Reconciling father and daughter [ 6 Answers ]

I was a single parent. My daughters father was not in her life for 16 years, although I always left the door open for him to be in her life. Shortly before she turned 16 he finally decide he wanted to be in her life. Things were good for a few years between them. My daughter was even building a...

Father daughter poems [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if anyone out there had a poem about father daughter. I have looked on Google but can't find the right one... My dad is there kind of dad who: Sais I'm not going to date till I'm 45 Sais he is going to shoot any boy that comes around We hunt/fish together And I want a poem...

Father abandoned daughter one and a half years ago and step father wants to adopt [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have a question. My daughters father completely stopped contact with my daughter a year and a half ago. We were separated for eight years, Since then I have remarried and gone on with my life. He suddenly stopped all contact with her a year and a half ago, stopped child support about three...