Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jstme Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 09:38 AM
    Can my boyfriend adopt my son
    I have been separated from my husband for 5 years. We have a 4 year old son together. He does pay child support and he is involved but my son does not know him as "daddy" he knows my boyfriend as daddy. My boyfriend and I have been together for 4 years and 9months. He has been my sons daddy since he was 3 months old. Me and my husband are in the process of getting a divorce and he is willing to sign over his legal rights to our son afterwards. I want to know if my boyfriend will be able to adopt my son even if we are not married?
    ballyb Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 10:09 AM
    Course he can I have with my girl friend I only been with her 1 year an half
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 10:17 AM
    No he can not adopt until you are married, at least in most states, a few states will consider it but will look at the time you have been together.

I will say I am ashamed of the real father, who has not only legal but moral obligation, how after knowing and being with the child for these years he can just walk away. Men like this have no honor at all.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can my husband adopt my son [ 3 Answers ]

I got married in February of 2006. My son was born in June of 2005. The biological father is not in the picture and I would like to know how my husband can adopt my son. We have been looking into him adopting my son since we got married and we haven't been able to find out any information. The...

Can my husband adopt my son [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old son and my husband is not his father,but his real father didn't want anything to do with him so I got sole custody of him ,but now since he didn't pay his child support the courts sent us papers saying we have to go to court for support violation!now his father is playing games ...

How can my husband adopt my son [ 3 Answers ]

I got married in February of 2006. My son was born in June of 2005. The biological father is not in the picture and I would like to know how my husband can adopt my son. We have been looking into him adopting my son since we got married and we haven't been able to find out any information. ...

View more questions Search