Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    helpfulfriend Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Stopping a minor giving child up for adoption
    Can parents stop a minor child from giving her baby up for adoption? The minor had the school call the adoption agency? Should a school interfere with that?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 01:52 PM

A parents can NOT stop a minor from choosing adoption. The choice belongs to the mother/father of the child.

If the minor asked the school for help calling an adoption agency, then yes--the school was fulfilling its obligations of helping the student explore her options.
    LoppyLolly Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Nov 4, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Nope, unfortunately the grandparents can not stop the mother/father from giving the baby up. BUT IF YOUR WILLING to adopt the baby, there are "grandparents rights" that can come into play. Look into it. I hope that this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Adoption/giving up parental rights [ 6 Answers ]

I have a friend who has been with a man for a little under 2 years. They live together; he's divorced and has a 7 year old with his ex-wife. The ex-wife doesn't pay child support, doesn't call their son, doesn't see their son, etc. She's actually heading to jail for a few years for felony...

Laws for adoption and child support after adoption [ 4 Answers ]

I was wanting to know if any one might know about the laws in Arkansas for adoption. I've tried looking for my answers but I'm not to bright at this. I was wondering that when a child is adopted if child support from the other father stops? And will he still have to pay back child support that he...

Giving up visitation rights without adoption? [ 5 Answers ]

My sister has a child by a person with several children already and each has a different mother. This person has abused her physically (my sister), has been in and out of jail for drug offenses and DUIs, currently has a suspended license and during their custody hearing was argumentative with a...

Parents right to force minor to give baby for adoption [ 59 Answers ]

My 14 year old doughter is pregnant and wants to keep baby. Me and my wife are 110% against this, do we have the right to force her to give this baby up for adaoption or does she being a minor have the right to keep this baby.

View more questions Search