Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    momoftwogirls20 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 6, 2008, 01:19 PM
    How can my boyfriend adopt my 17 month old daughter
    How can my boyfriend adopt my 17 month old daughter? Her father lives in Oregon and we have not heard from him since I was pregnant with her almost 23 months ago, but I did get child support from him for about 4 months and he has currently quit his job.:confused:
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 6, 2008, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by momoftwogirls20 View Post
    How can my boyfriend adopt my 17 month old daughter? Her father lives in Oregon and we have not heard from him since I was pregnant with her almost 23 months ago, but I did get child support from him for about 4 months and he has currently quit his job.:confused:

The child cannot be adopted unless the father gives his written consent. Whether he pays child support is pretty much meaningless.

Most States require that the adopting couple be married for at least one year.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can my Boyfriend adopt my daughter when we are married? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I have a little girl and she is 3, her bio, father has never seen her or even wanted anything to do with her, he is not on the birthcert. Either. If I get married can my husband adopt my child without her father being involved, do I need a lawyer how long does it take?? Can someone help me...

Can I adopt my new husband's daughter? [ 8 Answers ]

I'm also wondering if I can adopt my new husband's daughter. She has only known me as her mother for 2 years. Her real mother does not try to contact us about her daughter and it has been months since she last saw her or even called about her. I'm wondering if this can be done or not. The only...

Single mother wanting to take 10 month old daughter out of state for a month [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single mother who has joint custody of my 10 month old daughter it is not court ordered but she has lived with me only since she was born her dad pays child support and sees her for a few hours once a week, so I pretty much have full custody just not through the courts. I would like my...

Ex-husband!Can he adopt my daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I had my daughter in 1997 and became involved with my high school sweatheart again after having her which we started talking again when she was a couple months old. We then moved in together and got married in 2000 we got divorced in 2001 he is still a part of my daughters life and she believes he...

Husband adopt my daughter [ 1 Answers ]

I just got married and I have a two year old daurhter that's albino by a nothere man and my husband would love to asopd her. We have a nothere girl that's his and we want both of them to have to same last name. But the bad thing is I can't find my older darhters real dad but he's not on her papers...

View more questions Search