Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sara11600 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2008, 08:54 AM
    Problems in finding birth mother
    I have tried probably every site possible and can't find my birth mother,I can't afford to pay for every site I go on I need help.
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jun 9, 2008, 09:13 AM
    First off, ask your adoptive parents for as much information as they can give you.

Next, contact the courthouse in the county where you were adopted and ask if your birthmother has noted in your file that you are able to see your original birth record and receive her information. Also contact the adoption agency and ask if you are able to see your records. If neither place will allow you access, ask if you can write a note to be given to your birth mother if she decides to contact you.

Please keep in mind that depending on how long ago your adoption was--your birthmother may have moved on in her life and would not be happy with contact. This is certainly not always true, but you have to bear in mind that it might be true.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I find my birth mother? [ 19 Answers ]

My twin sister and I were fostered out at about 6 weeks of age. That family adopted both of us. My adopted mom died back in 1996 and my adopted dad is still here and I love him very much. But I am 29 now and wanting so bad to find my biological mom. I have found the man who was with her right...

Looking for Birth Mother [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to help my adopted brother, find his birth mother. We know where he was born we have her first, middle, and last name (Maiden Name). At this time if she is still living she should be 75 years old. Our adopted parents are both dead now and he would like to know if he has other sibblings....

Finding my birth father [ 7 Answers ]

I am trying to find my dad, I haven't seen him in 16 years his name is Andrew ian walker he has blake hair he is over 5ft8 he has lodes of tatoos I was born in 1987. He was married to a maria trace claire Morgans and I have a sister called Kayleigh have you seen him

View more questions Search