Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trapit76 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 27, 2007, 06:04 AM
    Wanting to Adopt My Nephew
    I want to adopt my nephew whom I've had since he was 6mos old and whom I also have custody of. I want to know if I can file the paperwork myself instead of paying thousands of dollars to a lawyer and if so how do I get started on this journey to adopt my heart and soul?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 27, 2007, 06:09 AM
    Where did you get the idea it would cost thousands of dollars? Generally its usually less than $1000. The only kicker would be getting the bio parents to relinquish their rights.
    FeelSoNumbZombie Posts: 129, Reputation: 10

Sep 30, 2007, 03:24 AM
    Speak to someone from legal aid. They maybe able to give you sound thoughtful advice. And then you will have an idea of where to start. Especially approaching both parents for relinquishment/adoption proceeding's.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wanting to adopt a baby you know the mother would never give up [ 6 Answers ]

My bestfriends niece is one month pregnant and fourteen years old the father of her baby is fourteen as well, my fiancé and I have talked about adopting their baby only because we both know that she and the father can not take care of that baby and I know for a fact that it will not be safe in the...

Do I have the right to adopt my nephew [ 4 Answers ]

My sister and her winner boyfriend ( being sarcastic) Are both drug addicts he's in prison again for selling/doing drugs I heard that he is in for a good few years this time They took my poor nephew to see his dad in prison since the day he was born And then he got out of jail when he was like...

My nephew [ 6 Answers ]

Ok, here is the situation: I had to take my nephew home, and his mom really doesn't like him sitting in the front seat, (he is five years old) so I was going to have him sit in the back, but when I opened the back door, he refused to get in, so I automatically assumed he just was a kid who...

Guardianship of Nephew [ 1 Answers ]

My Sister was recently killed in an auto accident in N.C. Her 10 year old son, my nephew, is with me in Arizona. I need to get Legal Guardianship so I can enroll him in school, take to hospital if needed etc. If anyone has been through this please respond. Thank You, Terry W.

Wanting to know what steps I need to take to adopt my niece and nephew [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I'm from Canada and I was just wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I have custody of my niece and nephew. I have had them now for 5 yrs in Aug. They are 4 and 6 and I want to adopt them can anyone tell me what steps I should take in order to adopt them?

View more questions Search