Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lialia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2007, 01:07 PM
    Relinquishment of Parental Rights
    Can a Father in the state of Georgia petition to relinquish his parental rights voluntarily and is a lawyer needed?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 11, 2007, 03:36 PM
    Yes he can, lawyer helps, but why? You want to give up rights to visit, give up rights to have a say about the child's health care. You don't have to do any of that if you don't want to. So just don't, they can't force you to use a single right you have.

I will assume you may be referring to the obligation of paying child support, that has nothing to do with your rights and you will have to always pay child support

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Relinquishment of rights [ 9 Answers ]

My Husband had a child with an ex girlfriend in November 2005. He hasn't spoke to or seen the child since February 2006. He has had no desire to see the child or help support it since he doesn't really consider himself the father because he's never really done anything for her. The mother lives...

Voluntary relinquishment of parental rights [ 15 Answers ]

I have a child with my ex boyfriend we were never married and there was never given custody to either of us. I want to give my rights up on my child and for him to have all rights. How would I go about doing that?

Relinquishment of parental rights [ 3 Answers ]

I have a newborn baby girl who I fathered with a young woman I know, but am not in a relationship with. I have custody of her, and intend to raise her without her birth mothers involvement, which the birthmother has consented to, and she is willing to sign off parental rights. She and I are on very...

Voluntary Relinquishment of Parental Rights [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I had a child 14years when I was 18 and The father and his mother took my child from me at the age of one after I went in the hospital to have my daughter. I came home and went to pick up my child and they wouldn't let me after I called the police and came back to the house with the police...

WHERE do I acquire paperwork for relinquishment of parental rights? [ 3 Answers ]

The biological father of my unborn child wants to voluntarily relinquish every parental right he has. My husband wants to adopt the baby. Where do I go to look for this paperwork, short of hiring a lawyer? We want this to be as simple and straight forward as possible. All of this filing and counter...

View more questions Search