Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tabndust Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 04:31 PM
    My Husband wants to Adopt my son .how?
    My husband and i want him to adopt my son, he's dad in no where in the picture and never will be ..he is not even on the birth cirtificate. how do we begain this process? i'm lost totally. :o
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 5, 2007, 04:43 PM
    The dad will have to be notified and you will need to ask him for permission to adopt.

You start by getting an attorney. Just because he is not on the birth certificate does not mean there are not rights the father has

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband wants to adopt my son [ 9 Answers ]

So here is the story... My husband and I were married in February. At that time my ex and I were going through a nasty battle in court over whether he was the father of my son or not. Recently we found out that he isn't. So my question is this. I don't know who the father of my son is, but my...

Husband wants to adopt son. [ 2 Answers ]

My husband is not my son bio father. His fathers name is not on the birth cert or any other legal outstanding document. We had arranged child support personally, he has since stopped providing that (which is ok). He has proven that he doesn't want anything to do with him. My husband and I just...

Can my husband adopt my son [ 1 Answers ]

Hey my husband wants to adopt my son his father gave us consent to do you . What do we have to do now. Where do we go to get this done and what does it involve?

Can my husband adopt my son [ 2 Answers ]

I live in louisana with my son, my husband, and my daughter. I am looking into my husband adopting my son. His father and I were never married and have a court order for visitations and child support. He has not seen our son in almost two years or paid child support in almost the same time. I got...

Can my husband adopt my son [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2 year old son and my husband is not his father,but his real father didn't want anything to do with him so I got sole custody of him ,but now since he didn't pay his child support the courts sent us papers saying we have to go to court for support violation!now his father is playing games ...

View more questions Search