Ask
    kiransaini Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 17, 2007, 04:05 AM
    Adoption of own brother as child is possible
    Does the law allow to adopt one's own brother as one's child
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 05:30 AM
    You can adopt or get guardianship of your brother if the parents will sign over their rights to allow you to adop, or if CFS take the child out of the house and you get custody.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 17, 2007, 06:06 AM
    More likely you would obtain legal guardianship if the circumstances permit, but it is possible to adopt a sibling.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I related to my brother-in-laws brother? [ 12 Answers ]

It's been this huge discussion lately with many many MANY different answers, and I would like to know, If my sister marries a man, am I related to him AND his siblings? I have no idea...

Mother seeking child given up for adoption, 1962 boy May 15 [ 10 Answers ]

I am looking for my son I was forced to give up for adoption when I was 16. Seattle, Wa. Ballard-Florence Chrittenton Home for unwed Mothers. Oregon has had open files over a year, but is the only state that I know of.

Child abandonment and adoption [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1 year old gorgeous little girl. her father is an idiot. Her father and i were together for four years. I became pregnant and he decided she wasnt his. He was there the whole pregnancy and the birth. He became verbally abusive to me and insisted i was pushing a child on him that wasnt...

Visitation/adoption of brother & sister [ 3 Answers ]

I'm 23, married and a mother of 4. I have a brother and sister ( we share the same father) and want to know what my rights are for visitation/ custody of them. My father married a socialpath ( not their mother) and she has been maliciously tearing our family apart. The children are treated...

View more questions Search