I'm looking for my birth mother. I need help someone!!

Asked Jul 23, 2012, 06:27 PM 12 Answers
    Well I am 16 years old and I was born at St. Mary's hospital. I was adopted around 9 months old. I have always dreamed of meeting my mom but never been able to find her. I know I'm too young to be wanting to find her but if any one reads this, you have to please understand I just want to know the women who gave birth to me. And you would probably want to do the same. My mom sort of left after she had me and I have no clue who my father is. My mom was drunk when she got pregnant. That's the stories I've heard. I don't care if that is true because she is the women who gave birth to me. I have a feeling that she is a wonderful person now. And if you have any ideas of how you can help please leave comments below, help me.
    I do know one thing that can help more. Her name is >name removed for privacy<. I don't know if she has gotten married or not.
    Thanks to any one who will help me!
    Sincerely,
    A desperate teen who wants to meet her biological mother.

Last edited by Wondergirl; Jul 25, 2012 at 03:47 PM.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 75,720, Reputation: 7217

#2

Jul 23, 2012, 07:25 PM

And that is all she is, the women who had drunken sex and gave birth to you and then took off.

You say you were adopted, who adopted you, have they not been your mom all these years, being there for your school, for your illness. How is this search hurting her feelings ?
    HLJones's Avatar
    HLJones Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

#3

Jul 23, 2012, 08:05 PM
    For one my mom does know and she is fine with it because she knows I wouldn't leave the her for my biological mother. But she is my mother who gave birth to me, I don't care who you are but don't talk like that about the person who have birth to me. And also for your information, how would you feel if someone told you oh your mother was a drunk when she got pregnant with you and you were just a mistake, wouldn't feel too good. So I would much rather take advice from some one who will actually help me not try to put me down. So thanks for your time but don't reply to my message and leave me alone, unless you would like to help, other than that... Bye
    Synnen's Avatar
    Synnen Posts: 7,864, Reputation: 2413

#4

Jul 23, 2012, 09:55 PM

If your mom knows you are looking, then SHE needs to be the one to help you, not us.

We cannot help a minor search.

Sorry.
    Priscilla Sharp's Avatar
    Priscilla Sharp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#5

Jul 24, 2012, 06:26 AM
    Desperate ~~ While it is true we cannot help a minor search, you only have two years to wait. Depending on where you were born, you might even be able to get your original birth certificate (OBC) when you turn 18. In the meantime, I would encourage you to join some of the many on-line support groups for adoptees, where people of all ages understand very well what you are feeling and thinking and will not denigrate and insult you or your mother. We have several on Facebook and if you Google the words minor adoptee support groups, several suggestions will come up. Again, we cannot actively help you search, but you will find counseling, acceptance and understanding.
    Priscilla Stone Sharp
    Mother of Loss (to Adoption)/Search Angel/Adoptee Rights Advocate
    HLJones's Avatar
    HLJones Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

#6

Jul 24, 2012, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Priscilla Sharp View Post
    Desperate ~~ While it is true we cannot help a minor search, you only have two years to wait. Depending on where you were born, you might even be able to get your original birth certificate (OBC) when you turn 18. In the meantime, I would encourage you to join some of the many on-line support groups for adoptees, where people of all ages understand very well what you are feeling and thinking and will not denigrate and insult you or your mother. We have several on Facebook and if you google the words minor adoptee support groups, several suggestions will come up. Again, we cannot actively help you search, but you will find counseling, acceptance and understanding.
    Priscilla Stone Sharp
    Thanks but I don't need counseling or help? Lol I have a perfect wonderful family that I live with, I don't need help. So thanks anyway
    HLJones's Avatar
    HLJones Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

#7

Jul 24, 2012, 08:21 AM
    Ok well every can stop replying. I'm just going to stop looking now! So PLEASE Don't COMMENT ANYMORE!! Thanks
    lizfreeman's Avatar
    lizfreeman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

#8

Jul 24, 2012, 02:53 PM
    Hi, while I can't help you look for your birth mother, I can understand how you might be feeling, but you might want to add a bit more information to your search, like your birth name ( if you know it) and your date of birth, there may be someone on Facebook who is related to your birth mother and will recognize you and you may get in touch that way. Good luck
    HLJones's Avatar
    HLJones Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

#9

Jul 24, 2012, 04:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lizfreeman View Post
    Hi, while I can't help you look for your birth mother, i can understand how you might be feeling, but you might want to add a bit more information to your search, like your birth name ( if you know it) and your date of birth, there may be someone on facebook who is related to your birth mother and will recognize you and you may get in touch that way. Good luck
    Yeah I know my birth name and all that. I just can't really find a way to find her :/ it sucks because no one can really help since I'm a minor.
    JudyKayTee's Avatar
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,513, Reputation: 4591

#10

Jul 24, 2012, 04:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HLJones View Post
    Ok well every can stop replying. I'm just going to stop looking now! So PLEASE DONT COMMENT ANYMORE !!! Thanks
    With this attitude save your birth family some pain and don't try to find them until you grow up a little bit.

Finding Birth Mother [ 16 Answers ]

Okay, So I was born in Florida in 1994 and my adoption was cloed yet my birth mother sent me a few photos of her from the 1970s-1990s and a letter with her full name on it. I found her on Facebook I think but I'm too scared to contact her because she does not no my name because of the Closed...

Finding my birth mother? [ 2 Answers ]

I was born in lower hutt hospital on the 20/10/1969

Looking for birth mother [ 3 Answers ]

Hello. My name is Christina C. and I was placed up for adoption when I was 2 weeks old... I was told my birth name is mary ann hill and my mothers name is rose hill... if anyone out there knows anybody by the name of Rose hill I would so kindly appreciate it if someone could contact me at...

Looking for Birth Mother [ 5 Answers ]

I am trying to help my adopted brother, find his birth mother. We know where he was born we have her first, middle, and last name (Maiden Name). At this time if she is still living she should be 75 years old. Our adopted parents are both dead now and he would like to know if he has other sibblings....