How do I find my adopted granddaughter

Asked Feb 8, 2013, 01:15 AM 1 Answer
    My granddaughter was adopted out after being born 20 Sept. 1980 or 1981. I know the name of the hospital. How can I find her?

Last edited by J_9; Feb 8, 2013 at 04:18 AM.
    1 Answer
    ScottGem's Avatar
    ScottGem Posts: 61,886, Reputation: 5755
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

#2

Feb 8, 2013, 03:08 AM

There are several web sites where adopted children and their bio families can go to register their desire to hook up. A few of those are mentioned in threads here.

If you know the agency that handled the adoption (the hospital may know it) you can contact them to see if its possible to determine the adoptive parents.

Another alternative is hiring a private detective.

How can I find out if my granddaughter was legally adopted [ 6 Answers ]

How can I find out if my granddaughter has been legally adopted by her seemingly abusive and neglective aunt? I do not like what I see when I visit. Am I able to provide her with stability, love, and care. If she has not been legally adopted, by this woman, I want to seek full custody. My...

How to find out if you are adopted? [ 2 Answers ]

Your amended birth cert.has a file # on it,u can ask family members if they know where any info.on you also.go to nearest court building,any judge can help u also.judge can stear u in right direction.

How can I find out if I am adopted, [ 2 Answers ]

My mother gave me my birth certificate and I noticed that on it my birth was not registered until 4 years after I was born? I went to the registery office and they said there was another birth certificate before this it listed my mother and I had my mother maiden name but on the father section it...

How do I find out if someone was adopted? [ 2 Answers ]

What is the process in finding out if my daughter was adopted by her step-father when I was living out of state at the time?

Find adopted granddaughter [ 1 Answers ]

My grandaughter was adopted 17 years ago. It was an open adoption. How do I find her? She is now over 18.