Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kennyb64 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 27, 2012, 04:08 PM
    Etg/ets alcohol testing
    Why do some labs that do the etg/ets testing say that this type of test at the 100ng/ml cutoff and 25ng/ml cutoff say that:
    EtG/EtS can not be masked by illnesses I.e. Urinary tract infections, and false positive results from diabetes are eliminated? Are they saying that this is a 100% accurate test and if you were to get a positive reading that it could only mean that you consumed acohol?
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 27, 2012, 04:26 PM
    Not sure which lab(s) you are referring to. The vast majority of information provided by the commercial testing labs is no more than a sales pitch. If their pitch isn't referenced (to supporting studies) don't rely on it.

Some of the labs still claim that EtG is detectable only if alcohol has been consumed... rubbish. (See Link to Skipper previously provided)

Under a different post I provided you with a link to the Advisory issued by Health and Human Services. You need to read that as a start point.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Etg/ets testing [ 12 Answers ]

Dr. Bill100 I drank very heavily Thursday, Friday, and Sat. Night. 8-12 beers per night. (Friends Wedding) I am 5'7" and 175 lbs. More muscular than fatty. I will have had approximately, 114 hours since last drink. I've been drinking a lot of water, mainly carbonated with some flavoring...

Etg/ets testing [ 9 Answers ]

Hi DrBill100, I had to take an ETG/ETS urnie test today. I drank pretty heavily Friday night, but have not drank since. It's been about 110 since I last drank? What are my odds of passing?

Etg/ets testing [ 10 Answers ]

DrBill, I might have an EtG test soon. I will be about 110 ten hours from my last drink. I did drink pretty heavily that night? With that said, what are the chances of etg/ets showing in my urine from that night aprox 110 hours from last drink? Thanks for your help!

Etg/ets testing [ 2 Answers ]

DrBill100, I drank pretty heavily last night till about 4am. I might be tested for an etg/ets screen on Wednesday at 6:30 PM. With the cut off at 100 ng and about 111 hours in between drinks... what are my chances of passing this test??

View more questions Search