Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    localpez Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 06:44 PM
    DRBill100, should I pass EtG test 84 hours after last drink?
    I have the test at 11 am on Wednesday, and I drank 1 bottle of wine (pinot grigio, 750ml 13.5% alc) on Saturday taking my last sip around 11:30pm. I am 40 years old and 160 pounds. Should I pass the test? Is there anything I can do to better my chances? If you can please answer Dr. Bill I would greatly appreciate it
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Mar 11, 2012, 07:09 PM
    You consumed in the vicinity of 6 standard drinks (US). The EtG created should have cleared in the time span noted from last drink.

There are no specific studies that deal with 6 drinks but heavier drinking (detox units) are seldom detectable beyond 78 hours.

NOTICE: Any person or entity that is subjected to or relies on EtG testing should read the Advisory issued by the US Department of Health and Human Services, 10/ 2006 in effect as of date of this posting. Full copy available here > US DHHS
    localpez Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2012, 08:11 PM
    Thank you for your answer and for the link as well. I do realize I have an alcohol problem because I still drink sometimes after I received a dui. My dad is an alcoholic and I spoke with him this evening about it and I am going to go with him to a meeting at his home group. Im nervous because I have never been to one before but it is definitely time I think. Is there anything I can do to give myself a better chance of passing the test on weds? Will drinking plenty of water and exercise(running) help speed up the process at all?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I pass an EtG test after 60 hours from my last drink. [ 22 Answers ]

I drank a 16oz can of bud-light then a 8oz can sparks on Friday night from 10pm-12:30am (Saturday morning) I had to take the test Monday at 2pm. I am 25 year old male 120 pounds. I am in great shape and have a high metabolism. I worked all weekend, drank a bunch of red-bull and ran 5miles Saturday...

DrBill100, can I pass an EtG test 66 hours after last drink? [ 24 Answers ]

I tested exactly 66 hours and 30 minutes after finishing my last drink. I urinated about 20 minutes prior to taking the test, in order to completely clear my bladder one last time before testing. I drank approximately 20 drinks between 11 am and 9:30 pm. Never got drunk, just maintained a...

Help me drbill100. I need your input.. . can I pass an EtG test 78 hours after my l [ 1 Answers ]

120 lbs. Female. High metabolism. Had 1 shot of Brandy at 8 a.m. And 12 oz. 1 coors light can at 10 a.m. On Friday. Tested at 4 p.m. On Monday. Will I pass? That is 78 hours after my last sip

Would a 150 lb. Male pass an ETG test 65 hours after having 1 drink? [ 6 Answers ]

The drink was a Smirnoff Ice fruit drink mixed with Sprite.

It'll be around 112 hours since my last drink before I take my EtG test, will I pass? [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry, I am paranoid... I know I'm not suppose to drink but I couldn't help it. Last Saturday, had around 7 shots... and 3 mix drinks... and stopped on Sunday around 2am... I have a EtG test on Thursday (tomorrow) at 6pm. I know EtG only detects 80 hours... but I just need some reassurance from you...

View more questions Search