Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    magprob Posts: 1,877, Reputation: 300
    Ultra Member

Apr 17, 2006, 10:09 AM
    Sandblasting Pot
    Is there anyone out there that can tell me about sandblasters? I need to know how you go about running something other than sand through one. Do they have different tips for say, sand, soda and cob? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Apr 17, 2006, 11:09 AM
    Not from experience but just word of mouth I know that in general, a variety of things are run through sandblasters, including crushed almond and walnut shells and man made abrasive media (seen at Lowes/Home Depot).

.. so I'd think that as long as you've got a consistency that's at least as fine as sand, it can't hurt to try.
    weatherford991 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jul 7, 2007, 02:04 AM
    I think that there is a reson why it is called a "sandblaster"... If it was meant to blast other items, it would probabley say "thingblaster" you might hurt yourself or others... don't do it
    Plinko Posts: 20, Reputation: 3

Sep 14, 2007, 01:02 AM
    Maybe glass. I saw some dude on TV taking paint off a car with really really fine pieces of glass. But I agree with weather.
    sk8nsnobrd Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 21, 2007, 04:40 PM
    I got one at my work and I've never heard of anyone running anything but sand through it. I pretty sure you could because it's a very simpy machine so give it a try

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search