Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    anneli769 Posts: 31, Reputation: 2

Sep 11, 2007, 03:42 AM
    Does the mother's and father's blood type affect the baby?
    If the mother's blood type is O- and the father's blood type is O+, will there be complications with the second baby?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 11, 2007, 04:13 AM
    It all depends on the blood type of the baby. The baby will have the blood type of the mother or the father.

This day in age there is little to worry about as the mother who is Rh negative will receive a RhoGAM shot during pregnancy to prevent Rh incompatibility.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Newborn baby father's rights [ 6 Answers ]

My 19 year old son got his now 18 year old girlfriend pregnant. She lived at our house up to the labor and delivery because her dad and mom weren't very understanding. Being young we were supportive only because we were happy she decided to have the baby. They were both very happy, with my son...

Blood type [ 4 Answers ]

I want to know can ap person with a o-blood have a child by a person with a b+blood type?

Same blood type [ 4 Answers ]

I want to get pregnant but my husband and I have the same blood type (A+) and people have told me that by us having the same blood type that something could come out wrong with the baby! Is that true?

Mother's DNA/Blood states that child is not hers when in fact it is hers [ 4 Answers ]

There is a medical condition that I saw on discovery health a while back and it was talking about this rare condition in which when the mother was tested they thought she was not the mother of the child when in fact there was other proof like video and birth paper and the doctors who delivered the...

Blood type for baby [ 2 Answers ]

My blood type is o- with rh factor, the father/s blood type is a+.HOW CAN MY CHILD BE AB-? HE IS MY FRIST BORN CHILD

View more questions Search