Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    icequeen25 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 18, 2010, 09:53 AM
    Will a flu shot show as a positive on an ETG 10 panel ua?
    I might just be paranoid, but I do random ua's and have heard that the ETG drug tests are super sensitive. I got a flu shot and then that night received the request for a ETG 10 panel ua.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Oct 18, 2010, 07:50 PM

EtG is short for ethylglucuronide a metabolite of alcohol (ethanol). An EtG test is used only to detect recent alcohol consumption. The test is highly specific and detects only ethylglucuronide and nothing other than alcohol creates EtG.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Flase-positive results on the EtG test for alcohol [ 4 Answers ]

I have Schizoaffective Disorder, and my Doctor told me I could have a few beers here and there and it would not hurt anything, but around Christmas I got pulled over for doing one of those "rolling stop" things coming home. They said I didn't act drunk and were going to let me go home, if I could...

Are you going to get either the seasonal flu shot or the swine flu shot? [ 63 Answers ]

Don't know how to do a "poll" so I'll just ask this Are you or anyone in your family planning on getting the seasonal flu shot this year? Are you or anyone in your family planning on getting the series of swine flu shots this year? Have you or any of your family members ever had a flu shot...

Swine Flu Shot? [ 6 Answers ]

I got the swine flu shot at my school last week. And it hurt so bad and they just jammed it in me. But I just wanted to ask is the shot fatal and could there be serve side effects. Im just asking because I saw on the news about the girl who couldn't walk forward. So that really scared me. But...

Vaccines and Flu shot [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any harm in giving a 20 month old a flu shot a day after getting a chicken pox vaccine?

Swine Flu Shot [ 4 Answers ]

Hello experts, 1. I (ealier 20s) just got received a seasonal flu shot on Friday, can I receive the recent swine flut shot in couple days? ( 3 days separation between these two flu shots). 2. Does a 52 yr-old adult need to have the swine flu shots as well?

View more questions Search