Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trendapog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 2, 2007, 09:20 AM
    Interracial Dating
    Is there a bible passage that states interracial dating is prohibited?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 2, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Not at all, there is nothing in the bible at all that says anything wrong with interracial dating. It speaks against people of differnet religious faiths getting married ( thus dating leading to marriage)

In fact it does not relate much to "dating" at all since most marriages in the bible were arranged marriages.

But the bible even has mixed marriages in it, such as Moses whose wife was black.

Only some of the very prejustice people who try and twist the bible teach such things,
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 3, 2007, 09:59 AM
    Yes, I can't find anything against interracial dating but concerning interfaith marriages:
    There are different instances in the bible when if one person is a believer or has faith, their whole family was saved through the one faithful (Interestingly, most of these were women. Rahab from the Old Test. Is one e.g.). SO, I'm not convinced that interfaith marriages are condemned. They are highly discouraged but I'm not sure it is a sin.
    Matt3046 Posts: 831, Reputation: 128

Apr 3, 2007, 10:05 AM
    I think you will be OK. I like to think that God is better than that.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 3, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Yes not to be misunderstood, it only warns against, not making a sin for a interfaith marriage, there are many examples of them ( normally not for the better)

I just don't understand where anyone gets anything against inter-racial marriage in the bible, there just is nothing there.
    manimuth Posts: 261, Reputation: 60

Apr 3, 2007, 10:23 AM
    Oops, I made a mistake in your rating, Fr_ Chuck. Here's what I meant:" Anyway, I think 'race' is man-made, not God-made."
    Retrotia Posts: 163, Reputation: 19
    -

Apr 3, 2007, 01:00 PM
    The word "race" is used in the NIV in some places where the King James clearly uses the adequate word.

Israel in the O.T. was not a race in my opinion. It was a religion & a culture. In Ezra 9:2, it says in the King James Bible 2For they have taken some of their daughters as wives for themselves and their sons, so that the holy seed is mixed with the peoples of those lands. (emphasis added) Whereas the NIV has similar wording but the word "race" is used instead of "seed". That's one example of the use of race instead of another term. No big deal I guess, but I do prefer the KJ version because I see Judaism as a religion & a culture-not a race.

Interracial marriage you already answered, & I agree.

Christians are not supposed to be yoked with unbelievers in marriage.(2Corinthians 6:14-16)
    However, as manimuth mentioned -the believing spouse does sanctify the whole family. The difference is whether you know this command before you marry the other religion. If however, you are informed later- you must ask for forgiveness- & not divorce your spouse because of that. But you may have missed blessings up to that point.
    sassysears Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 8, 2007, 12:08 PM
    I am white and my husband is black. We have been married for 2 years but, have been together for 4 years. I love him with all my heart. I agree with the person that said race is man-made not God-made. Color is color. If you were to take off our top layer of skin, you would see that we are the same. We feel the same and we hurt the same. The only difference is the color of our skin. Christians should know to go beyond the cover of the book. Not just christians but everyone!
    letamamya Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2007, 12:59 PM
    Nope. Like chuck said Moses was in an inter-racial relationship.
    I as well am married to a colored man.
    Color is just a word just like Brown and yellow
    We are all alike in a sense.
    KongTheKonqueror Posts: 75, Reputation: 13

Apr 12, 2007, 10:11 PM
    All of the passages I have ever read dealing with prohibitions on marriages only mention marriages between believers and unbelievers or people who worship false idols. Some argue that the Tower of Babel promotes segregation but that is a huge connection to try to make.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Not really dating [ 8 Answers ]

There is this guy I like, and he sits next to me in english, and is in my extra help class. I think he used to like me and I really like him. He is going out with this other girl, and he seems to still like me, but I'm not actually sure. Can you give me some help?

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search