Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjj2320 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2007, 09:27 AM
    Journal entries and ledger accounts
    Hi I have a homework due and I don't understand this at all, can someone help me! (Urgent)

Record the following journal entries and create Ledger accounts for Cash, A/R, prepaid rent, office supplies expense, utilities expense, notes payable, Hidden Glen capital account and drawing account. Relating to Hidden Glen Partnership, an engineering firm. At the month end record the appropriate closing entries.

Hired an administrative assistant at $500 per week. This individual is paid on the 15th of each month and was hired at mid month

Paid 3 months rent of $2,000 per month in advance per the terms of the lease

Made the first installment payment on the Office Supplies, Inc note (see3rd entry)

Collected $5,000 from previous credit sales

Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Mar 9, 2007, 10:18 AM
    I don't feel that this site should include doing someone's homework. Do you not have a textbook ? How is it helping you learn how to do it if someone does it for you.
    tjj2320 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Mar 9, 2007, 11:30 AM
    I do have a text book and read it, I still do not understand... this is my first accting class. This is the problem in the text book and the one I have a problem with are
    2, 3 and 7... not the entire thing... I just typed out the entire problem so someone will have an idea as to what I was talking about. I guess I didn't clarify it...
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 01:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjj2320
    2. hired an adminstrative assistant at $500 per week. this individual is paid on the 15th of each month and was hired at mid month
    Dr. Salaries Expense 250
    Cr. Salaries Payable 250

3. Paid 3 months rent of $2,000 per month in advance per the terms of the lease
    Dr. Prepaid Rent 2,000
    Cr. Cash 2,000

Or is this suppose to be an adjusting entry?

7. made the first installment payment on the Office Supplies, Inc note (see3rd entry)
    And how much was that for?

Dr. AP
    Cr. Cash
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Mar 9, 2007, 01:07 PM
    TJJ,

Tickle is just trying to say that you need to show us how you ATTEMPTED your work.

We know you have not done it correctly, or else, why would you be here?

But, if you don't even show us you are trying, why should we bother to help you?

I have answered some of your questions on this thread and your CF thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search