Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sglidden Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2007, 09:30 AM
    Box 18 of the 1099-Misc Form
    What does box 18 of the 1099-Misc form mean? Can you put income into that box even if the state does not hold out taxes?

I need to know immediately if possible. If I can not put income into that box, I have 1099- Misc forms to re-run.

You can email me at sglidden@1mssi. Com.

Thanks,
    Susan Glidden
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 16, 2007, 11:22 AM
    You use boxes 16-18 to identify in which state the income is earned.

EXAMPLE: It is possible for a contractor to work in Cincinnati, Ohio for one project, then cross the river to work in Covington, Kentucky for another project.

This segregates the income by state. It will require you send the form to the state tax authorities in BOTH states.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can F-1 Student receive a 1099 Misc Form? [ 9 Answers ]

Please advise can an F-1 Student receive a 1099 Misc Form and file taxes?

1099-Misc Form [ 1 Answers ]

What does Box 18 of the 1099-Misc form mean. Can you place income in that box if the state in which it is being sent does not have a state income tax? I am currently at work so you can email me at [email protected] Thanks for your help! Susan Glidden

1099 misc box 7 [ 1 Answers ]

I got a 1099-MISC tax form with box 7 filled out for $1500.00. I was a mentor teacher for an intern in my classroom and I got the money for mentoring her. The money was given to me through the school system through a non profit organization. This organization was created by the school system and...

1099-Misc [ 4 Answers ]

I work for a real estate investment company and they had me do some odd jobs in the evenings. I posted signs and mailed flyers for them. I also received two commission checks for referring investors and a performance bonus for having a house sell at an open house. My question is why I received a...

F1, 1099-misc and w-2s [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am a new member. Its nice to see so many people here who can help. Here's my situation: My status in 2004: Student on F1 (I still am on F1 until my H1 is approved) Was attending school full-time until: August 19, 2004 Working on OPT since August 20, 2004. My nationality: Indian I...

View more questions Search