Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gdblssng Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2006, 10:52 PM
    Fifo & Lifo
    This is a question that I do not understand if you could please help me urgently that would be greatly appreciated.

The Garrett Company has the following transactions during the months of April and May:
    Date Transactions Units Cost/Unit
    April 1 Balance 400
    April 17 Purchase 200 $5.50
    April 25 Sale 150
    April 28 Purchase 100 $5.75
    May 5 Purchase 250 $5.50
    May 18 Sale 300
    May 22 Sale 50

The cost of the inventory on April 1st is $5, $4, and $2 per unit, respectively, under FIFO, average, and LIFO cost flow assumptions.
    1. Compare the costs of goods sold for each month and the inventories at the end of each month for the following alternatives: FIFO periodic and perpetual; LIFO periodic and perpetual; Weighted average (round to 2 decimals); Moving average (round to 2 decimals)
    2. Reconcile the difference between the LIFO periodic and the LIFO perpetual results.

If you could please write out specific things you do that would be great for I can learn. :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 31, 2006, 07:29 AM
    Please review the following guidelines on homework help.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/arts-l...uncements.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fifo and lifo [ 3 Answers ]

Can someone help me to solve this question with explanation?It is urgent... I totally don know what is FIFO and LIFO and how to answer the question like this. Sunrise Company draws up its financial statements every 31March. The details of its purchases and sales for the financial year are as...

FIFO/LIFO question [ 2 Answers ]

When using the fifo or lifo method to compute cost of goods sold and ending inventory, how do you determine what goes in the ending inventory column and what goes into the cogs column. Example: Opening Inv. 9,000 units@ $16 Purchase 4/16: 27,000 units @ $18 Purchase 7/28: 30,000 units @ $23 ...

Lifo/fifo [ 2 Answers ]

I would appreciate any help I could get on these. This stuff really confuses me. Aug. 1 Balance 200@$3.20 Aug. 2 150@$5.50 Sales Aug. 4 550@$3.10 Purchases Aug. 5 ...

Fifo/lifo [ 1 Answers ]

When using the fifo or lifo method to compute cost of goods sold and ending inventory, how do you determine what goes in the ending inventory column and what goes into the cogs column. Example: Opening Inv. 9,000 units@ $16 Purchase 4/16: 27,000 units @ $18 Purchase 7/28: 30,000 units @ $23 ...

View more questions Search