Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    priscilla2006 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2006, 12:23 AM
    Dating ans still married
    My friends wife left him but then decided she wanted him back. He had already started seeing someone after she left. She is now trying to kill herself and threatening the girlfriend. He says that he loves the new girlfriend. Should he keep seeing the girlfriend or wait till the divorce to start seeing her?:confused:
    DJ 'H' Posts: 1,109, Reputation: 114
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 03:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by priscilla2006
    My friends wife left him but then decided she wanted him back. He had already started seeing someone after she left. She is now trying to kill herself and threatening the girlfriend. He says that he loves the new girlfriend. Should he keep seeing the girlfriend or wait till the divorce to start seeing her?:confused:
    There is no reason why he should not see his new girlfriend. His wife left him and he made a decision to get on with his ife. So in all fairness they are separated.

The wife sounds like she needs professional help - counseling of some kind. It woud appear she does not know what she wants and is unable to cope. It could be that he is a safe option for her, which is why she wants him back. The wife needs ots of help & support - but that is not a reason for him to leave his new girfriend.
    fredg Posts: 4,926, Reputation: 674
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 06:12 AM
    Friend's wife
    Hi,
    Your friend should continue seeing his girlfriend, and she might want to take out a "restraining order" against his wife.
    As another said, the wife needs help, hopefully Professional help, if this is not just something being said in anger, hoping to get your friend back in the marriage.
    I do hope your friend and his wife sought out Professional Marriage Counseling together, in hopes of working out the marriage.
    But, if not done, then your friend, if he is thinking of filing a "separation agreement", should keep on seeing his girlfriend. The Separation Agreement would make it all completely legal in heading for Divorce Papers.
    I do wish him the best.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2006, 06:18 AM
    I certainly would not recommend counselling to reunite a couple where one party has (a) left the marriage (b) threatened to kill herself (c) threaten the partner's choice of mate. I would not want to be married to someone who has those tendencies.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 06:20 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedKarma
    I certainly would not recommend counselling to reunite a couple where one party has (a) left the marriage (b) threatened to kill herself (c) threaten the partner's choice of mate. I would not want to be married to someone who has those tendencies.
    Quite agree.
    priscilla2006 Posts: 8, Reputation: 2

Jan 17, 2006, 06:23 AM
    Thank you
    I just wanted to say thanks to all those who replied.
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by priscilla2006
    i just wanted to say thanks to all those who replied.
    No worries. It's what we are here for :) I hope we helped.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 17, 2006, 06:36 AM
    Bad situation
    WELLLLLLLL

Ok the preacher in me has to say that the couple should and can remain friends, but should not be sexually active until the divorce is final.

Next yes they should try to get a order of protection since there was a threat made.

Now no way to make her, but if the one person it making threats and talking sucicide she needs to get help to get over this situation.
    It is sort of something that happens a lot, just not to this degreee. She don't really want him, but then does not want anyone else to have him either, this can last for years , and she can try to destroy his new relationships for years, driven by many emotions that all turn to hate down the road.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2006, 01:07 PM
    He should stay with his current girlfriend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dating and still married [ 30 Answers ]

My boyfriends wife left him and we started seeing each other right after she left. Now she is acting crazy trying to kill herself and make threats that he won't see the kids anymore. We love each other very much. Should we continue our relationship or wait for them to divorce?

From dating to friends to dating? [ 3 Answers ]

Here's my problem. I met this guy about 9 months ago. After only going out a couple of times we started dating. It only lasted for about a month and he ended it saying he didn't think we had enough in common. Since then we have become best friends and spend a lot of time together. But we are...

View more questions Search