Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    svstudent Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2007, 05:27 PM
    General Journal Entries
    Hair Inc purchased a car for employees to use when driving to off site haircuts. Record as hair equipment. Cost of the car is $21,000, $10,000 is paid in cash and the reminder is financed with a 3 yr 8% note payable the principle amount being paid in full December 1 2009 interest is paid annually each December 1 beginning December first

For posting on the general journal do I

Debit hair equipment(car) $21,000
    Credit cash $10,000
    Credit long term notes payable $11,000
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Oct 15, 2007, 09:08 PM
    Looks good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Transferring from General Journal to the General Ledger [ 1 Answers ]

When transferring from the General Journal to the General Ledger which cash items do you transfer .:confused:

General Journal Entries [ 1 Answers ]

How do I make a general journal entry for expenses the owner has paid out of his pocket? This is a new business and beginning capital came from an invoice to a customer and not the owner.

General Journal versus Cash Payment Journal [ 2 Answers ]

I have an ethical issue case I'm working on, but am stuck. I would like to know how would I determine which journal to use say for example, you go on a business trip to Australia and take your spouse along at company expense. Well that is unethical for sure, but you are best friends with the vice...

Bond Payments and Journal and Journal Entries [ 0 Answers ]

What is the adjusting entry at Dec 31, 2007 for this problem? Problem: Logan Corporation issued 800000 of 8% bonds on October 1, 200, due on October 1, 2011. The interest is to be paid twice a year on April 1 and October 1. The bonds were sold to yield 10% effective annual interest.

View more questions Search