Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mame821 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2011, 08:12 AM
    Writing a letter to academic advisor?
    I'm doing my master degree, and I want to make an appointment with professor to ask him to be my advisor and I have an idea that I want to know is't good or not?
    So what should I write to him in the email?
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Sep 4, 2011, 09:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mame821 View Post
    I'm doing my master degree, and I want to make an appointment with proffesor to ask him to be my advisor and I have an idea that I want to know is't good or not?
    So what should I write to him in the email?

Hi Mame,

You are probably not going to include a dissertation in your e-mail so it is generally not possible to tell if your thesis is a good or bad idea based on a few lines or paragraphs.

The only way you can really tell if your thesis has merit is to make an appointment to discuss your ideas with him/her. Make sure you have a plan in place in order to initiate a discussion when you have an appointment.

I am not saying I am correct.That is what I would do if a where in a similar situation.

Tut
    Native_COMM Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2011, 08:11 PM
    Proper comunication I'm sure certainly will do.

BYW,there is one question:
    Why English TEM8 & CATTI are considered funny and rubbish tests by native speakers? My opinion is that it's 'cause the test questions are created by Chinese pesons with some language problems and they seem to be tools to correct money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to find a academic advisor in Harvard Business school? [ 1 Answers ]

I want to apply Harvard business, so I am planning to schedule a visit to Harvard. Are these any ways that I can find an academic advisor in business? I want to meet one advisor to know more about Harvard. If there's no chance that I can meet with an advisor, what else I can do in order to learn...

Becoming an Academic Advisor [ 2 Answers ]

I've applied for several positions as an academic advisor but never hear from any of the universities or colleges. I have an advanced degree and teach in some capacity on a regular basis. Do I need a certificate or something ? It is frustrating because I love working in academic environments and I...

What are the requirements to become and Academic Advisor? [ 1 Answers ]

Can you tell me what I would get my Master's in to become and Academic Advisor? What are the requirements to hold this position in New York State?

How to become an Academic Advisor. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Bachelors degree. I would like to become an Academic Advisor (AA). Is it required to have a Masters degree to become an AA? Thanks.

Becoming an Academic Advisor? [ 2 Answers ]

Does anyone have an leads on positions in Academic Advising?? I have to finish three clases and I will have a degree in Guidance and Counseling. I work in Career Services so I have work experience on giving advice and guidance but I want to concentrated more in Academics. I completed my...

View more questions Search