Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    angrywoman Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2008, 12:47 PM
    She won't stop texting my boyfriend
    Sorry this is a long one.
    I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years. He had a friend sarah,she sounded nice so I never worried about it, then she was texting all the time any excuse for him to go there. He would visit her once a week and watch a film with her, I was fine with it until one day he fell asleep watching a film and she didn't wake him up to go home (we don't live together) so he told me the next day. I couldn't understand it. The next time he went she cooked him a meal, he found it a bit strange but she said it was a thank you for his help. I was angry I knew she was up to something but I couldn't prove it. He said I was paranoid, I started to think I was. Then she told him she loved him. He told me, I said he couldn't go there again. He agreed. I got very angry and did something I'm not proud of. I stole her number off his phone and text her from the internet pretending to be a friend of his telling her that he had a girlfriend and to leave him alone cause he wasn't interested. I wasn't nasty or anything. My boyfriend went mad said I'd scared her. Then she went mental with him asking for my number, he gave her his mates number and she text that number constantly for weeks with death threats etc. I'm not proud of what I did and I didn't mean to scare her. I was just trying to keep my man. Warn her off nicely. After I text her warning her off him, she did text him but it was only to say merry christmas or happy birthday. So twice a year he had a text from her. I could live with that.

Then a few months later he confessed to me that once when we had split up after an argument he slept with her. I couldn't believe it I was so angry, he promised it was only that once when he was drunk and angry and he thought me and him were over for good. I have now forgiven him and it took me long time. But after a year she's started texting him again 2 weeks ago she text him telling him I'd text her again off the internet ( I hadn't, I didn't need to, as far as I was concerened she was history). He rang me angry asking if I had. I told him I hadn't I promised him I hadn't, eventually he believed me, but he rang her cause he was drunk so he could sort things out, he told her he still had a girlfriend. I though it was strange and told him she was trying it on and he agreed, I thought that would be the end of it but no, yesterday he tells me she sent a photo she wasn't nude or anything but she is posing very seductively and the boobs are almost out of her top. She did this the day before my birthday, he told me the next day(on my birthday) when we were out for a meal. He said she had asked if she could have his opinion on something and sent him this photo. He showed me the photo and has been very honest about things, but things don't seem quite right. I just don't understand why after all this time she's started all this up again. I can't deal with this again. I did this all last year just after I miscarried and I really do just want her to leave him alone. It's been a year now I do trust my boyfriend (now), as he has been so honest even though he knew I would react badly. I can't phone her as I didn't keep her number, he won't change his number because all his friends have that number and he wants the ones he hasn't seen in a while to always have his number. I don't know where she lives, but she seems mental so I wouldn't want to see her anyway. I hate her so much. I wish she would just leave us alone. I don't know what to do. My boyfriend text her in front of me but just said I don't think you should text me any more or send pictures because I don't want the mrs getting the wrong idea. Sorry. Why the hell did he put sorry on the end. She should be saying sorry.
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Apr 16, 2008, 01:02 PM
    I'm sorry what's the question in all of this?
    angrywoman Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Apr 16, 2008, 01:07 PM
    I just don't know what to do, Has he incouraged this, Is he cheating, I thought I trusted him, but now I'm not so sure. I just want to know if anyone else has been through this. And what did they do
    O_Troubles Posts: 313, Reputation: 20

Apr 16, 2008, 01:10 PM
    I have horrible advice so ignore me but if you don't what would you do if he cheated again, his he worth all this trouble either he changes his number or talks to a carryer and blocks hers or u walk 3 billion men in the world trust me there will be a better one out there for you
    BMI Posts: 892, Reputation: 270

Apr 16, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Leave US alone?? Seems to me you want you b/f's ex-girl to stop texting him or communicating with him. Simple really, tell him to tell her to STOP!!

IF he wants her to not contact him anymore he can tell her OR he can ignore her until she gets the message. I suspect he likes having another girl in the picture (no reference to the pic she sent him.. lol). You seem to think its all her fault, I think he plays a part too.

Never mind all the dancing around it, he CAN cut her off quite easily, if he's not doing that than something's up. I'd look more closely at him and back off her to be honest.
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Apr 16, 2008, 02:04 PM
    Actually I believe that in this situation it's more your boyfriend's responsibility to not accept any more text messages from her and, if necessary, to change his number, whether he wants to or not. He can always contact his friends, even those he hasn't seen in a while, and give them his new number. His continuing to accept texts from her and see her occasionally is a far bigger red flag then the mere fact of her texting him. I agree that she should lay off someone who she knows is unavailable but, from her end of things, she's just playing the field and testing the waters. And he nibbles occasionally so she keeps doing it. He's going to have to be the one to end it. If he won't then you need to rethink your relationship with him.
    Distantlove Posts: 122, Reputation: 13

Apr 16, 2008, 02:18 PM
    I agree completely with s_cianci and BMI. I think he likes the attention from another girl. Why would he keep accepting her texts, and REPLYING to them? And obviously, he knows this is upsetting you, but he's still doing it. Make it blunt, tell him to STOP. If he disagrees with you and still wants to carry on texting her/meeting with her, then that could be a problem. Find a guy who respects your feelings in a relationship.
    jasmine_rezzag Posts: 191, Reputation: 10

Apr 17, 2008, 02:27 AM
    You know what,before I met my new boyfriend,my ex wanted me back who betrayed me badly,I refused without no doubt!then he asked could we be friends,I saied no! Cause I know he wanted more!I do not pick up his call,ignore his messages,email,anything.Cause I don't want him misunderstanding anything from me!Now I had a boyfriend,he still tried to contact with me,I changed all my contacted way cause I don't want my boyfriend feel unconfortable for that!I care about his feeling!
    If that girl is nothing for your boyfriend,he can ingore her,he can do that if he really cares about you and love you!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 17, 2008, 02:51 AM
    Your b/f is at the center of this situation, as he isn't trying very hard to get this female out of his life. If he cannot step up, and handle his business, then you need to take that as a lack of commitment, and look elsewhere. Leave her alone, and put the blame where it lays... with him.

Show me a female who has to fight for her man, and I'll show you a female who doesn't have one.
    Ana28 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 11, 2009, 04:19 PM
    Sweetie, it will save you a lot of headaches if you just dumn his . If he loved you and respected you, he would've stopped this non sense right a way period. You forgave him once and this is still going on, and after all he actually slept with her?? Bless your heart honey, but I would never lick what I spit, again. Why would you forgive him twice?! You deserve better, just for being so forgiving and understanding. He is lucky you forgave him once, and he screwed up again and lost his chance. I would personally leave him and move on find someone that loves you and does not bring that kind of trouble to the relationship. He will miss you and realize what he's had, but oh well right. Live your life happy and respectful, leave no room for misurable people in your life. I'm sorry I might sound harsh, but you have to watch out for yourself, you gave him a chance and he took it for granted and as for women like that girl, poor poor her, what an idiot, why would she want somebody else's man, she's not good enough to find her own I guess.
    Good luck to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Boyfriend doesn't know when to stop! [ 1 Answers ]

Right now I'm going out with my ex Pat we went out when we were younger and we have been friends with benefits at some points in the past 2 and a half years when we weren't together. Everything is really great like we have always had a really good connection with each other and he's a really great...

Stop talking To Your Ex-Boyfriend! [ 6 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been talking since the end of last year and have been dating for about four months. She was dating her ex-bf for about 2 years and then she started talking to another guy and then me. When we first started talking I know that he would call her and she would call him then it...

My boyfriend won't stop! [ 34 Answers ]

As of right now I am 6 months pregnant. From about January I have struggled with my boyfriends drug habits. I went through a lot trying to get him to stop and he said he did, but come later to find out he has never stopped. I ask him constantly if he still does them, which of course he says no. I...

View more questions Search