Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jacci2808 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 08:18 AM
    Cat in Labor, how long is OK?
    :confused:
    Last summer when we mover into our house a cat adopted us. She is pregnant and she went into labor 10 hours ago. In the first hour she had 2 live births. She is behaving quite normally, she gets up and walks around and is eating. She is not nervous or panicky, she is purring. She wants her belly rubbed all the time and wants to be near me. I am certain there are other kittens. How long is too long for delivery? Is there anything I can do to speed up the process or should I be concerned?

Thank you in advance for any information/advice you can provide:confused!
    Xenodice Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2008, 08:20 AM
    Why do you think there are more kittens?

Apr 13, 2008, 08:34 AM
    Thank you for your response. We feel large masses in her abdomen but no internal movement other than small contractions from time to time and she remains as huge as a beached whale. :confused:

Apr 13, 2008, 08:44 AM
    UPDATE: there is movement internally and it's definitely not a contraction. She is laying on my lap and I can feel the movement on my legs. The are definitely more live babies.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Apr 13, 2008, 08:49 AM
    Feline How-To Manual: Pregnancy and Delivery ~ Pawprints and Purrs, Inc. You will find some very hepful info on this site.

Apr 13, 2008, 10:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by bushg
    Feline How-To Manual: Pregnancy and Delivery ~ Pawprints and Purrs, Inc. You will find some very hepful info on this site.
    Thank you so much, I feel so much better after having looked at this site. I have also received a call regarding this from 3 friends who are breeders and 2 of them had this situation also.

Again, my sincere thanks!
    Jacci
    :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pre labor/False labor [ 4 Answers ]

Ok odd question. How long can pre labor last? I have been having contractions since Sunday and they don't get any closer and/or change in intesity. I was just wondering since even with two previous births I have never before experienced this. I don't even know if it is pre labor or not. I just...

How long does labor usually last in cats? [ 5 Answers ]

Ok Well my cat lost her mucus plug last night at around 10:30pm, and it is now 10:32pm the next night; I don't know if something is wrong because she still has not pushed or had any kittens. She panted once but that is all. Is something wrong with her? This is her first batch of kittens I don't...

How long will my kitty labor for and when should I worry [ 5 Answers ]

:confused: I'm not sure what to do I have 2 female cats and both got pregnant after we took in a young male cat being abused(my daughter thought he was a she! ) But after some time we realized he was no she cause the girls were pregnant. At any rate the funniest thing, both of my girls went...

Dilated to a one how long until labor starts? [ 4 Answers ]

I went to the doctor yesterday and he said I was dilated to a one and the baby's head is in position but the cervix is still thick. How long until I go into labor?

How long is a cat in labor [ 1 Answers ]

My Cat is having her frist litter of kittens and has been in labor for 24 hours. HOW LONG BEFORE SHE WILL HAVE HER LITTER OF KITTENS? Really wondered:(

View more questions Search