Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    myrights Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2008, 07:46 PM
    Threatens to call police
    I am a good mother, and I have proofs that I am. But my husband threatens me that he will call police. Because he wants divorce and want the custody of the baby , so. How should I tackel this if he calls the police. Also after divorce who gets the baby? My baby is 5 months old.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 7, 2008, 07:50 PM
    I'm sure most judges would put an infant with his/her mother.

If your husband doesn't have anything to call the police about in regards to you and the care of your child, then let him call. I'm sure the police will have a nice little chat with your husband and set his straight.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 7, 2008, 08:14 PM
    If they can not prove you are an unfit mother he will feel stupid
    You can tell them he is purposely causing problems because he thinks he will get custody.
    Also he runs the risk of the baby taken off both of you if the Child Services want to be unreasonable and make waves which I HAVE known them to do. After everything they put me and my kids through I wouldn't wish them on the worst parent(s)!
    If he has any sense he will just get the divorce and file for joint custody and work it out in court.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Apr 8, 2008, 12:35 PM
    Let's be practical here, please.

What else besides threatening you with a call to the police is your husband doing with or to you?

What happened to the loving husband that disappeared after only five months? When I became a dad, my son could float the TV remote in the tub and I would think that he might become a ship designer. The love of and for a child doesn't just dry up and blow away within 5 months.

There must be a lot more going on here then you feel comfortable writing about, which is okay.

However, if he threatens you or the infant with physical harm, pick up the baby and head for a Spousal Abuse Shelter as soon as it is safe for you to leave. The safety of the baby is your primary responsibility and to do that you must make sure that you yourself are safe.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Apr 8, 2008, 07:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by myrights
    ... But my husband threatens me that he will call police. Because he wants divorce and want the custody of the baby , so. How should I tackel this if he calls the police. Also after divorce who gets the baby ?? my baby is 5 months old.
    I have no doubt that you are a good mother, and you need to locate a family therapist or marriage counselor to help you with what sounds like abuse. You might get a referral at the county health department.
    jkh Posts: 27, Reputation: 6

Apr 8, 2008, 11:29 PM
    It is just threats and I would not worry about the police finding you unfit. Keep records of harassment. And don't worry my exhusband did this sort of thing for about 2 weeks after we split up, then he was gone. People do crazy things when they are mad or upset.

I would look into getting a lawyer and getting temporary custody set if a divorce is coming. Many people make these threats out of anger and to try and hurt or scare their spouse. Don't let it get to you. There is usually a parenting class when you get divorced, it is really helpful and informational. Every parent going through this can benefit from it.
    actlikemywife Posts: 12, Reputation: 6

Apr 13, 2008, 12:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jkh
    i would look into getting a lawyer and getting temporary custody set if a divorce is coming. many people make these threats out of anger and to try and hurt or scare their spouse. dont let it get to you. there is usually a parenting class when you get divorced, it is really helpful and informational. every parent going through this can benefit from it.
    The above is very good advise. Ask the operator for legal aid in your state. Document your calls and conversations. You ask " how to tackel if the police come" it could be a big deal if police are called to a domestic incident where an infant is present. A Court could ORDER you both to take parenting classes, for example. It is best that you show maturity and wisdom for your child's sake and defuse this situation ASAP; you and he get it through your heads, you have 17 years and 7 months more to deal with each other as two parents of one infant; take steps to protect that baby physically and emotionally! Don't fight with him in front of the poor little baby :( Last, asking "who gets the baby after the divorce." is not strategy for custody. How about, I love my baby, I want my baby, I would do anything for my baby, and leave no doubt you would EVER give up this baby at all for ANY REASON... that would be a lot better strategy :)
    JAMIET Posts: 73, Reputation: 12

Apr 16, 2008, 04:49 PM
    Also keep in mind... even if he would call the police.. the local child protective service in your area does an investigation and doesn't just "take the kid"... if it's found to be an unfounded claim of abuse, they do nothing, but if you know he filed it, he could be charged with filing a false police report which is a misdemeanor and could take him out of the home.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 16, 2008, 04:56 PM
    Hand him the phone and tell him the number is 911. What is he going to call them about, the police benefit party?
    If you are not doing anything, when the police get there what will they find, you cooking supper?

So I will assume he is kicked out? Get your divorce and fill for custody, the court will decide who gets custody, and who will get visits, how much visits and more

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I call in a police report for car hit in work parking lot months later? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, My car was hit in work parking lot. Person who hit my car left a note. I called him and one of the guys from work took car to fix it. Guy fixing car was also working on engine. When I got the car back the dent in front fender had been pulled out, but, looked like crap. So now it is like 6...

Abusive baby father threatens to take me to court should I get a restraining order? [ 9 Answers ]

My baby father has an alcohol problem and can not stay sober one day. I live with my parents. He is not on the birth certificate and we are not married. He will not come to my parents house to see our daughter (which is where I live with her). He never asks to see her he always asks to see me so I...

Can I fix hazardous steps if a contractor is refusing to fix, and threatens to sue? [ 1 Answers ]

I live in central Texas. I hired a landscape contractor to install retaining walls and a patio which included 4 steps in stone. These steps range in size from 6.5" to 9.5" and the tallest is on the top! They are very dangerous. He refuses to do any fixes, and walked off project. At one point in the...

Proposed OSHA Regulation Threatens [ 2 Answers ]

How much more government do yo need in private business? NSSF > >Proposed OSHA Regulation Threatens >Firearm and Ammunition Industry > >The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), the government

He Refuses to leave and threatens me [ 9 Answers ]

I have been married to a man for almost 4 years. We have on child together and I have two from a previous relationship. I do not love him anymore. Through no fault of my own I am just tired of the BS. He has cheated on me, has a drug problem, refuses to work, refuses to watch the kids forcing me to...

View more questions Search