Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alexisk907 Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2008, 08:30 AM
    Spotting day that period is supposed to start?
    I am in some serious need of help!

I had my last period February 21st. I started spotting on March 22. The spotting lasted four days, until the 26th. A week and a half later still no period? I know it was spotting, or at least it wasn't a period. I wore tampons those four days because I was in class all day and I would rather be safe than sorry, and every time I took it out there was either NO or MINIMAL amounts of light brown stuff on it. Me and my boyfriend have never had unprotected sex, and I'm not on the pill or anything (yet.. I have a doctors appt to get BC on the 15th). So our only form of birth control as of right now is condoms. I took two HPT's and they were both negative about three days ago... any ideas on what this could be?
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Apr 5, 2008, 09:32 AM
    Your menstrual cycle can change with increase stress levels, as we age, raging hormones, you name it. Spotting, light periods for one month; gushing 8 day period the next. Mother nature is a curious woman. I would be willing to bet that those 4 days of light spotting were your menstrual cycle for that month. You've done the best thing and protected yourself by using condoms, and also taking a home pregnancy test.
    If those 4 days were not your period and it's truly been a month and a half since you last period, a pregnancy test should pick up the hCG hormone in your urine. (If you were indeed pregnant).

My suggestion? Keep your doctor's appointment and most likely they will do a pregnancy test there. If they don't collect a sample, ask them to. :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spotting after period [ 1 Answers ]

This is my first time here. I have tried to find another question like mine but only found close questions. I am 28 years old and had my tubes cut, tied and burned 6 1/2 years ago. Before the tubel I had normal periods every 28 days to the tee. After the tubal my periods have been off OK I can...

Day 36 - very light spotting... pregnant? [ 2 Answers ]

We are trying for our second child and this is the first attempt. I had my IUD removed August 3 and the lmp started July 26. I never really kept track of my periods before now but I was definitely having it at least every month (so cycle probably not more than 28-30 days) I have had nothing...

Spotting period [ 1 Answers ]

I've been having my period around the 14th of each month. I've already had one for November, and I am spotting a little now but its not time for my period.. what does that mean?

View more questions Search