Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aepcars Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 08:58 AM
    98 Nissan Pathfinder Does Not Start
    My 1998 Nissan Pathfinder won't start after I replaced the battery. The old battery went dead after leaving the lights on. I tried to jump start it and when I attached the jumper cables the anti-theft system made the horn and light flash. I could hear a clicking sound coming from the fuse box on the left side of the engine compartment. This clicking sound would continue even when I didn't try to jump start. It eventually stopped when the battery was drained all the way. I put in a new battery but the engine still does not start. When I turn the ignition switch all I hear is one click coming from the battery area. Head lights turn on as well as the dash lights but there is no power to the power windows or door locks. The key-less entry switch does not work either. Any thoughts?

Alex:confused:
    aepcars Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 30, 2008, 02:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by aepcars
    My 1998 Nissan Pathfinder won't start after I replaced the battery. The old battery went dead after leaving the lights on. I tried to jump start it and when I attached the jumper cables the anti-theft system made the horn and light flash. I could hear a clicking sound coming from the fuse box on the left side of the engine compartment. This clicking sound would continue even when I didn't try to jump start. It eventually stopped when the battery was drained all the way. I put in a new battery but the engine still does not start. When I turn the ignition switch all I hear is one click coming from the battery area. Head lights turn on as well as the dash lights but there is no power to the power windows or door locks. The key-less entry switch does not work either. Any thoughts?

Alex:confused:
    I have fixed the problem and wanted to post what I did to resolve it so others can benefit from it. I found a 100 AMP fuse that was bad. It's the fuse that controls the amps coming from the battery. I replaced the fuse and it started right up. (see photo)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nissan pathfinder 2002 hard to start [ 1 Answers ]

I have nissan pathfinder 2002. The car sometime starts, sometimes does not start. The engine just cranks over 1 or 2 turns and stop. I brought it to the Nissan dealership to find the problem. They checked the car and find no problem with the truck. Now, the problem is still there (sometimes...

Nissan Pathfinder and Nissan Terrano II [ 2 Answers ]

Can the Pathfinder be only bought in the States? I only found old models of Pathfinder ('95) in my country - Bosnia, but never the new models. Also, I never saw in the States any Terranos. To me, Terrano seems to have very similar characteristics like Pathfinder. What is the difference in the...

94 nissan pathfinder se v6 won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My 94 nissan pathfinder se v6 won't start, I recently replaced the power steering pump and it started and ran for about a week but it was a little hesitant. Now it won't start, it just cranks but does not start. Its gettting fuel but I do not think it is getting fire. Any help?

View more questions Search