Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    niokip Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2006, 10:09 AM
    Someone illegally filed my child
    What can I do?

Can I find out who filed my child and how can I prevent this from happening again?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 27, 2006, 10:34 AM
    Niokip:

Call the IRS and let them know. They will investigate, probably ask for proof that you are the child's parent, then, eventually, give you the exemption.

They may or may not tell you who claimed your child, but they will go after whomever claimed the child illegally. Count on it!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Statement of claim filed [ 14 Answers ]

Hello everyone, Yesterday I was served a statement of claim by my county small claims court regarding a $2800.00 debt owed to Capital One. The statement tells me I'm being sued by them and their attorney gas filed this with the county clerk. I have been unemployed for close to 3 years and...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Forms to be filed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I entered the US in July 2001. I was ion F-1 since till dec 2004 and then on OPT. My employer filed H1B and it was approved in oct 2005.I got it stamped in INDIA in feb 2006. DO I use the 1040 NR or 1040NR-EZ or 1040? As this is my first year of H1B? PLease let me know Thanks in advance...

Forms to be filed-please help [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I entered the US in July of 2001. Was on F-1 until graduation in dec 2004. After on OPT and was approved H-1B, got it stamped in INDIA in FEB 2006. What forms do I need to use. IS it the 1040NR-EZ since this is my first year on H1B. Please do let me know Thanks Vineet

View more questions Search