Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rclayton4 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Getting rid of infection in finger
    Had a hang nail get infected got the puss out but now still red and swollen and sensitive and numb but not as bad as when puss was there. Want reddness and swelling gone have only been using hot salty water. Any other suggestions
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Mar 10, 2008, 07:20 PM
    You can dab tea tree oil on it.
    2008chrissy Posts: 131, Reputation: 18

Mar 23, 2008, 11:38 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rclayton4
    had a hang nail get infected got the puss out but now still red and swollen and sensitive and numb but not as bad as when puss was there. want reddness and swelling gone have only been using hot salty water. any other suggestions

This is called paronychia and because it is an actual medical condition you should make an appointment with your doctor. You may think you have gotten all of the pus (bacteria) out but since you are still feeling numbness, there is more than likely still pus in the area. You will need to be on an antibiotic to get rid of the infection.

The doctor will numb the finger with some spray and just scratch the surface of the finger and squeeze any remaining fluid out. The warm water soaks about 4 times a day is a good idea and will bring anything else to the surface, but squeezing and soaking alone will not cure the infection. And you do not want a little infection spreading, especially into your hand. I hope this helps.
    kewl145 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2012, 11:18 PM
    I have the same problem! what i do is a get VERY HOT water and then add bleach. I soak the infection in it for 15min. If you did it completely then it should burst and the bleach should get rid of any remaining bacteria. You can also try soaking it in hot water and white vinegar. If it stings then add more water. Hope this helped!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Lump on Finger [ 8 Answers ]

Hiya guys, second question already, sorry. I've had this lump on my finger for almost 3 years now, longtime yup. When I asked the doctor what it was, she said it was just a ganglion... and that I should just smack a book on it, ashamed to say I said she was stupid and that was that, as I know...

What finger [ 6 Answers ]

I'm planning on getting engaged and I want to know what finger do I put the ring on when I ask her to marry me?:confused:

Finger Nail Infection [ 12 Answers ]

I think I have developed some kind infection in the fingernail of my left ring finger. The nail itself is not painful or discolored, but the skin along only the left side of the nail is very sore and tender and is red and slightly swollen, especially out closest to the tip of the finger, at the...

Using Finger to find out. [ 2 Answers ]

Using The Finger software to find out the owner of an email address? Sometimes this feature is deactivated by the internet provider your using. Does anyone know how to re-activate it?

My finger nails [ 3 Answers ]

I have been chewing my nails all my life and now I want to grow them long, but they don't seem to grow one bit! CAN YOU HELP ME??

View more questions Search