Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    twinkel-star Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 04:24 PM
    How can I get chweing gum out of my dogs fur?
    Hey my dog accidentally got chewing gum in its fur is there any way I can get it out thanks
    COOKIE MONSTER Posts: 589, Reputation: 56

Mar 20, 2008, 04:30 PM
    Ice and plenty of it,I would have said put it in the freezer lol but I think that would be abit cruel lol

Hold ice on the chewing gum as much as you can so it freezes itand it should break off in bits or cut it out if you can

Or try talc and rub it in the chewing gum should make it less sticky
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2008, 04:31 PM
    Sometimes cutting the fur is the only recourse if it's in a dog's fur and in an area that grows back quickly like a tail.
    twinkel-star Posts: 50, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2008, 04:36 PM
    Thanks its on her chest and paws :D
    carolbcac Posts: 342, Reputation: 72

Mar 20, 2008, 08:37 PM
    Sometimes peanut butter rubbed into the fur will bring it out. (If it doesn't work, at least the dog will have fun cleaning up the mess!
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 20, 2008, 11:55 PM
    Rubbing alcohol will also work. Don't pour it on, but put it on a washcloth so it doesn't dry out the skin, and rub to allow it to work it's way out. I'm sure there are tons of solutions, but this one seemed to work for me... along with a good bath afterwards!

Another suggestion? Tell your dog to stop chewing gum... lol :D
    MOWERMAN2468 Posts: 3,214, Reputation: 243
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 06:51 AM
    Use peanut butter, or ice then remove the gum.
    bushg Posts: 3,433, Reputation: 596
    Ultra Member

Mar 21, 2008, 11:08 AM
    A good brand of hair conditioner or some type of thick deep conditioning crème or oil hair treatment. This should do the trick and wash out easily.
    kiffydee Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Mar 22, 2008, 06:13 PM
    Peanut butter or mayonaise works well on kids and is non toxic
    starbuck8 Posts: 3,128, Reputation: 734
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Mar 22, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kiffydee
    peanut butter or mayonaise works well on kids and is non toxic
    Mayonaise does work well for many things like that. For instance, I was a floral designer for yrs, and at C'mas time our hands would be covered in sap from the pine that we used. A dollop of mayo worked better than any expensive hand cleaner! Also works well for mechanics etc. for cleaning your hands. It sure make sense that it would also work with getting gum out, or any sticky things! And we eat this stuff? :eek: lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Fur re-growth [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I was curious... I have a himalayan cat. It seems as though in the winter he gets mats or knots more frequently in his fur. He hates to be brushed (I assume it isn't very comforting for him), but I have been able to brush some out - will his fur grow back?

Losing her fur [ 5 Answers ]

Does anyone know why my Jack Russell Terrier keeps losing her fur in spots,she keeps licking the same spot until there is no fur left usually around her legs... :confused:

Burrs in dog fur [ 4 Answers ]

HELP!! My dogs both have burrs in their fur and I cannot easily get them out and I don't want to pull their fur if it can be helped. Any suggestions? Border collie and a border collie husky cross. The husky cross got the worst of it.

Puppy biting/chewing her fur [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 6 month old female westie. She has periodically chewed the fur on the front of her front legs. I've corrected her every time I've witnessed her in action. But I think she figured it out that she can chew when I'm not around and get away with it because now her front legs have bare spots...

Cats Matted Fur! [ 1 Answers ]

My cat was quite short haired, but of late she has bloomed into a mass of fur, she is constantly grooming and generally keeps her fur looking great but I've found some mats of hair at the back of her legs I keep shaving them off, but they keep coming back again, when she's been grooming herself...

View more questions Search