Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tutorcgs Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2008, 04:33 AM
    W7 required document - passport notarized copy
    I received letter from IRS that I need to submit documentation to satisfy the W7 requirements.

I had originally submit my wife's passport copy notarized by her issuing country. I called the IRS help desk and the lady there told me I need to send letter to IRS stating that I already submit the require document which is her notarized passport copy.

My case is that I am US citizen and my wife is foreign national and her case is in process in US immigration. So, as far as I know, I submitted the right documentation; just want to double check with this forum if I am missing any thing. Like do I need to submit my marriage certificate, but on W7 it says only passport notarized copy is sufficient.

Any suggestions how should I proceed so I don't have to receive this notice again back from IRS.

Thanks
    ellensimich Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2008, 08:50 AM
    Hey,

I also talked to IRS and they told me to send ONLY a notarized copy of my passport.
    I specifically asked if I need to send my wedding certificate, they said NO.
    If you get any other reply, please be sure to post it here.

Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a Law nor Tax official, have no formal education nor experience in this filed. I'm solely stating my experience and opinion and can't be held responsible for their application.
    marianat Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2012, 03:30 PM
    As far as I know they (IRS, not ICE) ask for a notarized copy of your birth certificate and another type of ID such as Matricula COnsular, Credencial Electoral or Passport.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Getting Certified Copy of passport for ITIN [ 41 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a U.S. citizen and my wife is an Indian citizen still living in India. I'm about to prepare my taxes and need an ITIN for my wife. For this, it seems she needs a certified copy of her passport which she can only get at a U.S. Consulate. Unfortunately she would have to travel far to...

Deed notarized wrong [ 3 Answers ]

We sold our home and the deed was not notarized correctly. The atty now wants us to resign. If we do not agree what will happen? The property is now in foreclosure.

For ITIN what are required document [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I am here in US from 2001 as student and now I have H1B but my wife is on H4 dependent visa.As she is not earning member so what are the documents required to get the ITIN number for her.Also what documents I required to attach with her documents as I am unable to know about the documents....

Portugal Passport Details Required Urgent [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have been born in bombay sine 1982 and lived here since then. My mum too was born in bombay and has lived here ever since then. Dad was born in goa in 1949 and has his name on a Portuguese transit visa and also has his birth certificate. His parents were born in Goa and their names are on...

View more questions Search