Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tmgx2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 13, 2008, 01:12 PM
    6% hydroquinone
    Hello, Can someone tell me how and where to get 6% hydroquinone. I have 4% but I would like something a little stronger.
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

Jan 13, 2008, 03:36 PM
    That is a bit too strong.
    I think only your dermatologist can prescribe it.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Jan 13, 2008, 03:36 PM
    You will need a prescription to obtain 4-6% hydroquinone. Apparently, the 4% was sold to you illegally. It's not safe to use a higher strength hydroquinone without a doctor's supervision. Higher concentrations of hydroquinone will damage your skin.
    lovie1 Posts: 104, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2008, 09:45 AM
    True
    gold3509 Posts: 202, Reputation: 4

Feb 16, 2008, 08:17 PM
    I use to get hydroquinone 10% and it work great on my skin... the company I use to get it from no longer carries the product :( and I been using it for 3 years... no I don't know what to do... I been using bio claire for a long time now also mainly on my body cause lighten my body a whole lot... it works on the face too with really good result but to me it not good to use on face... I'm looking for a really good cream for the face..?

I don't want to hear people negative comment about hydroquinone.. the effects of the product doesn't effect everyone... only those who are allergy get a reaction from it...

All I gotten from hydroquinone was positive result... and I been using it for years...
    janice589 Posts: 26, Reputation: 1

Mar 11, 2008, 10:53 AM
    I don't have allergies and am in good health, but I still got very serious side effects from taking 4% hydroquinone.

In only about two weeks I got headaches, skin tremors, etc. I haven't taken 2% hydroquinone so I don't know about that, but I don't think taking the 4% hydroquinone or anything higher is safe whether you use everyday for a few weeks or once a month.
    gold3509 Posts: 202, Reputation: 4

Mar 11, 2008, 12:56 PM
    Sorry to hear what happen to you but hydroquinone doesn't effect everyone... cause I been using hydroquione for years with no side effect except lighten my skin...

That why you buy product from the store it always said do a patch test on small area of your skin to make sure you don't get any bad side effects...
    kissable Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2008, 01:20 AM
    Hey Gold3509.. I bough the HQ from the same place too.. I wanted to literally cry when the company discontinued it. If I knew that I would have order at least 5, lol. I wanted to know if you got your hands on HQ anywhere else?
    pigmented Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2008, 09:39 AM
    You can buy hydroquioine powder this is what compnding chemist do to get higher percentages... I know where to get some from a legit site that sells lots of other actives but I have never done it before not sure how to go about the measurements etc but I'm desperate

Hydroquioine is the ONLY thing that worked for me
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

May 2, 2009, 08:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by prettylady View Post
    you will need a prescription to obtain 4-6% hydroquinone. Apparently, the 4% was sold to you illegally. It's not safe to use a higher strength hydroquinone without a doctor's supervision. Higher concentrations of hydroquinone will damage your skin.
    Not true. It varies from person to person

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroquinone [ 38 Answers ]

I wonder if there are good products that conatins Hydroquinone 2 % ? For worldwide shipping, I found one site but the shipping for other coutries than Usa seems to be very hard to understand, manual shipping intructions, and you have to make everything on your own. Weight, types, and everything....

How soon does hydroquinone work [ 30 Answers ]

Hey guys.. my doctor prescribed 4% hydroquinone for dark spots on my skin. Can someone tell me when I will start to see results? Or do I have to use a sunblock? I really want this to work. I have marks on my legs and arm. Or does anyone have any other suggestions for these marks on my skin. I am...

Hydroquinone [ 4 Answers ]

Please read the other topics I wrote, this one can you delete moderator, I start to write and sudenly just click the button, my fault :) Read my other topic:) Bye

Hydroquinone [ 22 Answers ]

Hi Im new to this site. And Ive been reading some posts. In my experience a lot of over the counter bleaching brands don't help because at the most they have 2% hydroquinone and that is not enough for people such as african-americans with highly pigmented skin. I suggest going to a dermatologist....

Hydroquinone 2% [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Lots of beauty creams for dark skin contain hydroquinone 2%.word is being passed around that this chemical is accumulative and can damage the kidneys. Can anyone verify the authenticity of this claim?is it science or myth?

View more questions Search